Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've complained quite a bit about the highway handling of my Rebel, especially when towing. My dealer just spent 2 days with the truck, and after a long conversation and ride with the manager today, they decided to check the alignment, again.

It was way off. The aligned it once, and it pulled to the left and the steering wheel was off center.

Then, they "realized" it needed to be done while the truck was running.. ?? Either way, it's a whole new truck now. Rides so good, I'm afraid to hit any bumps!

I hope it holds up. This is my 2nd alignment in 9,000 miles. The first one (at about 5,000) helped for about 2 weeks, but wasn't nearly as good as this one. We'll see... maybe I finally found a dealer that knows what they are doing.

FWIW, they also flashed the air ride suspension software, and that annoying highway dip that would send my left rear almost to the ground, and rebounding slowly, is nice and even now.

I'm betting it will tow like it should now, but I'm not gonna try it out until I get back from my 2,000 mile road trip next week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
From what I remember the owners manul says that the truck has to be running for tire-jack, and alignment mode to work. What i'm wondering is if you disconnect the battery will that stop the air suspension form moving around, then the truck wouldn't have to stay running?

·
Registered
680 Posts
From what I remember the owners manul says that the truck has to be running for tire-jack, and alignment mode to work. What i'm wondering is if you disconnect the battery will that stop the air suspension form moving around, then the truck wouldn't have to stay running?
Not sure if disconnecting the battery to turn off the air suspension wouldn't affect the electronics portion of it after realignment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this was a very old post but has it been confirmed the when you go to tire shop(Discount) The tire-jack and alignment mode must be on and truck RUNNING? Does both have to be on to? Getting new BF K02's......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts