Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typically, one of the first things I do to my new trucks is get a leveling kit and throw slightly larger tires on there. My tire size of choice is typically LT275/70R18. Leveling kit eliminates any "possible" rubbing and I like the way a truck looks when it's actually sitting leveled. This is the first time I've had a truck with this air suspension setup. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet, haha. I'm wondering if I'll run into any issues with rubbing if I do decide to get rid of the stock wheels/tires and go with my usual 18" wheels and tire size of choice?!?

I suppose putting a leveling kit (if they are even available) would basically be like putting on a "mini lift kit," since the air suspension is going to make it's adjustments no matter how you lift/level it, am I right? I may just end up leaving it stock, I just don't like 17" wheels. I do have the nicer all black matte wheels and the Open Country AT's on there for stock though..

·
Registered
19 Posts
As far as I know, the only aftermarket lift compatible with our stock air suspensions is the BDS 4" lift kit. Otherwise, you're taking out the air suspension altogether. Not to mention the whole warranty thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Typically, one of the first things I do to my new trucks is get a leveling kit and throw slightly larger tires on there. My tire size of choice is typically LT275/70R18. Leveling kit eliminates any "possible" rubbing and I like the way a truck looks when it's actually sitting leveled. This is the first time I've had a truck with this air suspension setup. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet, haha. I'm wondering if I'll run into any issues with rubbing if I do decide to get rid of the stock wheels/tires and go with my usual 18" wheels and tire size of choice?!?

I suppose putting a leveling kit (if they are even available) would basically be like putting on a "mini lift kit," since the air suspension is going to make it's adjustments no matter how you lift/level it, am I right? I may just end up leaving it stock, I just don't like 17" wheels. I do have the nicer all black matte wheels and the Open Country AT's on there for stock though..
I am running Falken Wildpeak LT 285 75 17 XD Addict Rims 17x9 +18 Offset and 2 inch Spacers they are 34 inch and i still rub at full turn just a bit.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts