Ram Rebel Forum banner

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in Edmonton and Chris Auto on Yellowhead just put springs with 2 inch lift on my 17 rebel. $2300 no more air issues ever. Three 4x4 shops said it couldn't be done but this shop did it. Call Brian he did a great job

And yes if there is a class action suit I'd love to throw my name in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my 2017 last July. Loved it!

September I had my first wonky suspension issues....a computer reflash fixed it.

December, January, February, March and now April....the suspension has acted up.
And down, as it were.

"relay replaced"
"contacts cleaned"
"adjusted"
"system recharged"

Blah blah blah.

Finally they replaced the compressor. Yay! Right?

NEXT F*$KING DAY it failed!

And then it worked!

And then it failed!

Last weekend I drove from Barrie, On to Montreal, Qc during that stupid weather event.

Full up in the rear....full down in the front. That was a fun first 900 kms.

And then suddenly at a gas stop....it worked again!

And now, at least, I am stuck in Aero mode.

I have yet another appointment in 6 days.
So....waiting for parts, again, after today's appointment.

Funny enough....with the milder temps and the deluge of rain today....the suspension started working again!

I swear it's gotta be electrical.....because after a failure moisture is what usually cures the problem.

Anyways....they pulled up 2 codes today: C15A8-2A and C15A7-2A.....apparently indicating the "up / down" switch in their TSM.

I have the next appointment set for 5 days from now.

Keep ya posted.
So....my Rebel is now behaving...for now.

They replaced the control panel on the dash.....and it did NOT fix the problem. LOL.

Seems as though they never re-calibrated the new compressor that they installed a couple of months ago.

It is now calibrated and working as it should.

I would like to park it in a freezer and see if it fails again as I won't know for at least 7 months if it is truly fixed.

And the mileage portion of my warranty will be getting close to the end.
I'd like to apologize for not frequenting this forum lately. I've had NO issues with my truck...it has behaved great.

I'm up to 78,000 kms now and the air suspension operated properly throughout this long, cold winter.

Until it was mild 4 days ago...+9C

So here I am, less than a year later and the suspension is throwing a "service immediately" code.

No kidding.

Fronts are on the stops and the rear is full up.

I have an appointment in 4 days....I guess I'll drive '70s "hot rod" style until then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in Edmonton and Chris Auto on Yellowhead just put springs with 2 inch lift on my 17 rebel. $2300 no more air issues ever. Three 4x4 shops said it couldn't be done but this shop did it. Call Brian he did a great job

And yes if there is a class action suit I'd love to throw my name in.
What did you end up putting in for springs and lift?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd like to apologize for not frequenting this forum lately. I've had NO issues with my truck...it has behaved great.

I'm up to 78,000 kms now and the air suspension operated properly throughout this long, cold winter.

Until it was mild 4 days ago...+9C

So here I am, less than a year later and the suspension is throwing a "service immediately" code.

No kidding.

Fronts are on the stops and the rear is full up.

I have an appointment in 4 days....I guess I'll drive '70s "hot rod" style until then.

Just got my truck back...it requires a new compressor. Really.

I got 1 year less 2 days out of that one!

It is now on order and it is, apparently, the NEW and IMPROVED version.

Keep ya posted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD
Yes you can remove the factory air suspension. The only hard part to find(for me anyway) was the rubber spring isolators, they go on top of the rear coils. I found mine at the local junkyard.
After you convert your truck. use the program in the link to remove the factory air suspension program from your tuck. Oh when at the junkyard if one wants to remove the buttons from the console for the factory look, crab one with out the cut outs for the buttons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got back from Florida April 5, 2019. My Ram Sport has been in my garage since January 23, suspension set at normal ride height, battery was disconnected. Air suspension was still at normal ride height. Reconnected the battery, started right up, I did not hear the compressor start, so that tells me there are "NO" leaks anywhere. I had the suspension purged in December after getting messages. From now on I am getting the system purged before freeze up and change the air filter behind the right tail light. I really like my air suspension system, but Dodge needs to make the system completely closed loop like an air conditioning system and stop checking those air lines behind the right tail light for blockage. April 8, I drove 80 km last night, suspension worked perfectly. I am a happy camper, love the system...

I just came home from Florida where I went to Harbor Freight near Orlando. There are Harbor Freight everywhere. You can probably get them there or a auto supplier. They are used on spray paint guns and or compressor parts stores. I use it on my paint guns to filter out water from the air from the compressor.
Here is where you can see the filter. Canada
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/2-pc-disposable-in-line-moisture-filters/A-p8528598e
$9.99 for a package of two.
You can use the photo to show to a supplier. Just get a male and a female brass fittings to put on the filter and plug the hoses in.
I found the filter at Harbor Freight. USA
https://www.harborfreight.com/disposable-inline-moisture-filter-68224.html
$2.49 each US, it is the same filter just red in color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Rebel, and since first winter, nothing but issues with the air suspension freezing. I live near Peterborough, Ontario, about 1.5 hours North East of Toronto. I don't believe the dealers know what they are dealing with as I have had different stories from different dealers about the fix, one telling me that FCA is not doing anything about them. I have been dealing directly with FCA now since December, and they have told me now to replace the Compressor and they will reimburse me for it. I have a history at the dealership with this issue which helps. I suggest anyone having issues, call FCA and log a complaint. So far they have been helpful, especially since i narrowly escaped an accident getting the truck to the dealer with the suspension bottomed out. The truck spun out on a bump on the highway getting to the dealer.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve had my 2018 Rebel for just over a year and last Oct when the temp started to drop overnight down to 2 degrees C (I’m in Vancouver) The next morning, front end was sitting low and up came the warning that air suspension system need immediate service. I was shocked and called the dealer, they told me to warm it up and turn the truck on and off and see if the message cleared itself, it did and once the truck was warmed up the suspension worked fine. They said with the drop in the temp, the sensors get tripped up by the drop in the air pressure in the system and not to worry. All winter long, every few days, I’d get the message, I’d warm it up and restart it and thought this was stupid. We recently had a week in the mid mid 20’s things seemed fine and then it dropped to +9 and I got the warning again, only this time it wouldn’t go away or raise the front end up. Limped it home and googled the issue and found out about the fuse and all the similar problems out there. Funny how when I was researching the truck and searched for known issues, this never came up. New fuse made things work again and I took it to the dealer over Easter weekend, put the blown fuse back in when I dropped it off and expressed my concern about so many people having this issue. After a bunch of tests they replaced the compressor and fuse and I asked them why the compressor was blowing the fuse they said something about water getting up in there and freezing. I’m in Vancouver, it was +9 when this happened and +14 this weekend, the worst we get is a few days a year where it drops below freezing, maybe -7 max. They didn’t seem to have a answer for me. I only have 15K Kms on my truck and will have to see if they sort out this issue before the warranty runs out. I thought I was buying a solid truck that could take anything I could throw at it. They gotta fix this if they are failing in my mild climate too. I can’t imagine this truck back where there is real winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fellas, I have a different problem with my Rebel, one that i'm hoping isn't going to be a lasting issue. I'm stuck in Off Road height. Won't drop, I'm hoping it's just a frozen valve, so I put in the garage and will leave it there for a couple days. We are going through a nasy 2 week period of -30 to -40 and for some reason,the truck is stuck in Off road. I had the dropping issue in the summer, but it was because a nut backed off the compressor and lost all the air. This is a different problem but, one that will fix itself I think, when the weather gets a little nicer, in two days. I think in the winter, I would like to leave it at "normal" height somehow and lock it there. Is there a means of ensuring the compressor doesn't change this height? Is it as simple as removing the fuse? Or is that going to create an issue maintaining the height? Sucks that we have to deal with this ****, the lift is a huge bonus for me when I'm loading and unloading **** off my truck, I wish it worked well without issues but, that might be too much to ask for at -40. Oh and mine is a 2018 Rebel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 Dodge Ram Rebel. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. Yesterday I brought my rebel in because I was getting warning about the air suspension and my back end had completely dropped to the bumpers. I went to Gauthier Chrysler on Regent and was told they found: rear airbags leaking, moisture in compressor assembly, suspension not operating, Found DTC's C15AO-13,C155E-92, C15A1-00, C159F-00, found compressor assembly cover torn and hanging loose, found moisture in valve block. etc the truck has 71,000kms on it so they say no warranty and they charged me 100.00 to look at it. They say to repair it for just the parts alone is $3500.00 and that all the parts are on back order so they do not even know when they can fix it. And even after fixing it they can't say this will fix it. This is insane!! Has anyone had any luck going after Chrysler for this.
It is obviously a problem by all the threads here and due to the fact I spoke with a mechanic at another dealership here and he had 20 in that day for the same thing!
I have filed a complaint with Transport Canada in the hopes that something can be done about this.
If anyone has any advice as to what to do please I am all ears this is so incredibly frustrating!!
I have a 2018 Ram Rebel and the air ride suspension has been replaced a total of 3x. I now have the 11th version of this system. I have been through one Alberta winter with no failures. I have filed a complaint with Transport Canada. Their response was that they are aware of the issue but basically would not step in until there was a fatality. The 3rd time my front end crashed I was traveling 100km/hr on a highway and it sent me into a death wobble as I struggled to regain control to not roll the truck. The dealership, FCC and Transport Canada were not helpful. Over 225 trucks that winter aline in just one dealership had the same issue. I have tried to negotiate for a different truck with no success. As long as the truck is under warranty they will repair it.

221 - 234 of 234 Posts