Ram Rebel Forum banner

181 - 200 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2019 and mine worked fine at minus 10 degrees
Pneumatic systems will FAIL at some point in cold weather. Ask any truck driver, diesel mechanic. You will get air in the system that will lead to condensation in the system. That is when you will start too have issues. If you live where it gets cold you will likely suffer this in the future at some point. Its not an if but a when. FCA has done little to help with issue until it becomes a safety problem. Unfortunately it will have be the cause of accidents before anything will be done. It would seem so far people have avoided that or they just haven't thought enough about it to turn it in. Either way there is mountains of info about the problem here and basically any other forum that relates do Ram trucks with air ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
why do some people go right to legal statements, its a mechanical machine and -40 is not normal weather. stuff may freeze, make noise, be stiff, etc... Cant stand people when they complain about their cars (trucks) when unusually cold weather hits. Just settle down and enjoy your rebel.
-40 is infrequent, but not unusual, in Winnipeg. Air Ride regularly fails at -20. It is a design flaw, and needs to be addressed through a recall and refit with a dehydrator for incoming air. Mine has failed twice in about 40,000 miles.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I know I'm a broken record, I know I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I traded my 16' nightmare away for a 19' Rebel with coils... but I can't help myself when I hear these continued complaints... especially from local brothers...

Shame on you FCA, shame on all the dealers and their shop employees. Pathetic. All of you. As the saying goes, a special place in he!! for the wicked and the deceitful.

Shame.

Even when customers take matters into their own hands and rip out the air ride garbage from their trucks, you continue the insults by playing stupid or flat out refusing to change the salescode for them so they don't have the "service air ride warning" every time they start their trucks.

Shame.

I hope to never run into a FCA employee that needs service from my field of work... I would flat out refuse. Give back the same level of care and understanding that I and so many others have received... 0, nada, zilch... nothing. Excuses, stories and smoke up our asses.

Shame.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update. Dealership installed a new, updated, compressor on 02/08/19. Worked fine (did'nt try raising) until yesterday. It's not throwing warnings like it used to (just 1 time). But since yesterday the back suspension is bottomed out and stuck there. Have an appointment for tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just picked up my truck. Dealership said a fitting broke and was leaking. Didn't even make it back to work before the suspension dropped all the way down again. Have another appointment for tomorrow. Asked service manager about swapping for coils. He said it wasn't possible.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Asked service manager about swapping for coils. He said it wasn't possible.
You need to tell that service manager he's a liar to his face and tell him you've exposed his incompetence on social media. You'll have coils on your truck before the end of business the next day. Pathetic.

Which dealership, out of curiosity?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Which dealership, out of curiosity?
I'm in Sioux Falls, SD. It's Billion Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. The truck dropped down to the bumpers not 5 miles from the dealership when I took it back to work today. But worked just fine on my way home after work. Guess I'll see what tomorrow brings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dealership had the truck all day today. Couldn't find anything wrong. I picked it up and the suspension dropped to the bumpers again before making it home. Have another appointment for tomorrow. The **** show continues!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Dealership had the truck all day today. Couldn't find anything wrong. I picked it up and the suspension dropped to the bumpers again before making it home. Have another appointment for tomorrow. The **** show continues!
I would walk into the service managers office, drop my key fob on his desk and politely ask him to give me a call when the coil conversion is done. Don't take no for an answer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Replaced air suspension control module today. Didn't fix it. They're keeping the truck and gave me a loaner truck today.

Not sure if you guys care to hear my story. I know when I first started having problems I was really curious if it was happening to other people and what they were going thru.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Replaced air suspension control module today. Didn't fix it. They're keeping the truck and gave me a loaner truck today.

Not sure if you guys care to hear my story. I know when I first started having problems I was really curious if it was happening to other people and what they were going thru.
Not only interested, but need every experience documented online to show FCA that people are being extremely affected by this defect.

·
Registered
451 Posts
y would it change the second or third winter ,either its gonna work or its not ,I have yet to have one issue all win per in the Northeast
It takes a couple of cold winters to build the condensation up, fittings loosen from being frozen and thawed... trust the history of the issue, it's documented. Very few Ram owners have air ride issues the first winter.

Facts are facts. Those that have experienced it are trying to expose the issue so owners like you are prepared for whats coming.

·
Registered
19 Posts
y would it change the second or third winter ,either its gonna work or its not ,I have yet to have one issue all win per in the Northeast
My very first winter I had problems. It's been in the shop every winter since. They would test it, find nothing wrong, and send me home. It never dropped to the frame bumpers before till this winter though so I never pushed the issue. I just couldn't really use the ride height adjustment when it was below 15F-ish. I regret not pushing the issue in the past while it was under warranty. So far the dealership is paying for everything, minus a $100 deductable, so I'm pushing the issue now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update. Picked up truck from dealership last Friday 02/22. When they looked at the truck that morning the passenger rear was dropped but the other 3 corners were fine. So they replaced that airbag. I picked up the truck that evening. So far everything seems to be working fine. It's been in the single digits here. I put her in offroad 1 due to a blizzard we got this weekend and some drifting snow. It raised and lowered fine. I guess we'll see if it continues to work and for how long. I was informed the replacement parts have a 2 year warranty.

I've contacted a local custom lift shop to see if they say it's possible to swap too coils. If so what that looks like and how much. If they say it's possible I'll be showing that to the dealership service manager the next time things act up. If any of you guys have managed to get the dealership to swap to coils please let me know. I receipt for that would be awesome.

To recap what's been done. A year or 2 ago they upgraded the software. This year they replaced the compressor with the newer version, replaced a leaking fitting, and replaced the passenger rear airbag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today when my Rebel indicated "Service Air Suspension Repair Immediately" the dealer after much coercion got me in. They currently have 12 other similar problem trucks in as we are in a cold snap n Calgary, AB. One dealer = 12 trucks and FCA says there is no issue.

A few weeks ago during the last cold snap, only 2 weeks after a compressor replace after the 2nd failure my front suspension crashed while I was driving at 100 km/hr. Sent me into a terrible death wobble that I was sure I would crash. Luckily I didn't. FCA refused to acknowledge this as a safety issue 3x. So I called Transport Canada. 1-800-333-0510. They say they have had complaints since 2015 but none while someone has been driving.

This is a huge public safety issue. I urge all owners with this air suspension failure to call Transport Canada if you are in Canada. If you are in the USA I am not sure who cover public road safety but find out.

181 - 200 of 234 Posts