Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say this is my first ever Dodge, and I love the look of the rebel.
And first time with air lift suspension, and that is were my question come in. I never had a air lift suspension let alone a dodge 4X4 truck.
So question is when I leave in the morning and pulling out of my garage, when I go to turn left out of drive way, the truck makes like a hard bang sound from the front suspension.
It also make a loud bang, and rides really rough when I have to make a real sharp turn, like a U-turn. My other 4X4 trucks had the rough and bumpy on U-turn, but this thing sounds like the front end could fall off. Then after I straighten it out and start to drive straight it drives fine.

Is this cause of the air suspension? I mean do they drive little different and louder then regular suspension 4x4 trucks?

Thank you in advance
Wolvie

·
Registered
660 Posts
It sounds like a possible linkage problem. But more like it's in 4WD. You're not running in 4WD all the time, are you? I haven't experienced anything like this on mine, which I've had over a year and a half now.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would have to agree that it's likely not an air ride problem but something else in the linkage or steering components. almost a year in my Rebel and no bangs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its not a Dodge, its a RAM. Theyve been separate since 2009.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts