Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congrats on the new Rebel! And welcome to the forum. I was a long-time GM guy myself. I've owned 5 Silverados and two GMC's over the years. I don't like the direction GM has gone with their truck design so I switched to Ram. Glad I did. Hopefully they'll keep turning out great trucks for years to come.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, just found this forum.

i am also a Chevy guy, numerous Silverado's over the years, and am thinking about trying out a Rebel. I have had great luck with my Silverado's but am just thinking about changing it up a but like yourself. I do have some grips about the new chevy styling, a bit to blingy for me; i am more truck traditional.

Anyway, some things i do like about the rebel is the front end and the fact that the truck is ready to roll with the right tires/wheels for offroad, which i do do on occasion. One item that is kind of cool and also a concern is the air lift suspension. Cool it is there, concern is it is not user selectable and stays where you want it from what i can tell, and reliability concerns me.

i plan to go check the rebel out this next weekend. And the one i am going to check out is grey as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was concerned to at first about the air-ride suspension, but so far it rides way nicer than my Silverado did. As for the long term, I may consider doing an extended Mopar warranty just in case something were to go wrong with it in the future.

I will admit the auto adjusting to "Aero mode" when you get over 65, as I do a lot of highway driving, is slightly annoying. Kind of hoping that maybe somebody in the near future will find a way to defeat that feature (or maybe they already have).

·
Registered
660 Posts
I was concerned to at first about the air-ride suspension, but so far it rides way nicer than my Silverado did. As for the long term, I may consider doing an extended Mopar warranty just in case something were to go wrong with it in the future.

I will admit the auto adjusting to "Aero mode" when you get over 65, as I do a lot of highway driving, is slightly annoying. Kind of hoping that maybe somebody in the near future will find a way to defeat that feature (or maybe they already have).
You can turn off Aero mode switching in your Uconnect menu. I forget what it's called, but it's easy to find. I've posted on this before if you want to search for it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It seems like I remember reading somewhere that there is a setting to turn off the auto adjust for the air suspension. I haven't tried doing that because I don't mind the auto adjust. Maybe there's something about it in the owner's manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts