Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trasnmission in the rebel is shared with other dodge platforms. Some of the those platforms have paddle shifters. Additionally we already have gear selection via push button on the wheel....has anyone attempted at a retrofit of something out of an SRT or Jeep other car? I don't seem to see any ram specific aftermarket kits out there....some universal garbage...not really what I am after.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I haven't heard or seen anything, but that would be absolutely fantastic. Sign me up for a kit when you find an answer!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't know if that would work. The ram, in my experience, doesn't let you select the gear, just lets you set the maximum gear.
If i hit down twice, it will say 6, but still might only be in fourth, then fifth, then sixth, but won't go beyond sixth to seventh

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I don't know if that would work. The ram, in my experience, doesn't let you select the gear, just lets you set the maximum gear.
If i hit down twice, it will say 6, but still might only be in fourth, then fifth, then sixth, but won't go beyond sixth to seventh
That's what I was thinking. It would definitely take some tuning to make it work...let alone finding a kit that is clean and factory looking.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah....it needs a tuner. Might even mean downloading a trans controller from the dodge that already has paddle shifters....that why I was asking...

2014 Jeep has the same trans and paddle shifters as I understand it

·
Registered
83 Posts
I traded a 2014 Durango R/T for my Rebel, I did not have any drastic mods on it besides a Corsa Exhaust and CAI, but I really used the paddle shifters regularly, they were allot of fun. This whole button thing on the wheel sucks imo. Would love to have my paddle shifters back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts