Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts

Here is the video embedded for easier viewing.

I like the attitude that they are expressing here. Nothing too crazy but trying to break away from the very conservative styling of the American truck market. I enjoy hearing about the back story of a vehicle from its design team. Great way to spend 4 minutes.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I get that the need to move away from the crosshairs as thats still a dodge relic, but instead of this absurdity put RAM back under the dodge banner and let that proud brand roar again...

No they couldn't do that the CAFE ratings would be impossible to manage with a lineup of muscle cars and pickup trucks... to bad ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think that it was a good idea to make Ram a truck only stand alone brand. Now Dodge seems very strange though.

I have to say that I do like the grille on the Rebel better than the old crosshair grille.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also agree separating ram was a good idea. I also believe you can only take the cross hair grill so far. And only using two models to test new grills was a smart idea.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I also agree separating ram was a good idea. I also believe you can only take the cross hair grill so far. And only using two models to test new grills was a smart idea.
The crosshairs were a bit dated at this point. It's good for them to try something new. The other main truck brands are also experimenting right now with their grilles.

·
Registered
462 Posts
This has me wondering if they're doing any surveys yet to see what folks think of the new grille or if that's something they'll ever get into.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's exactly why they should of left them alone. Dodge and RAM are two extreemly powerful brands, they've been known for powerful cars and productive trucks....Now dodge is left with the Dart and two HEMI's, oh and a minivan in there somewhere...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Apparently they're going to be trimming the Caravan next time around, dropping the Grand Caravan and only having the regular wheelbase model.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The crosshairs were a bit dated at this point. It's good for them to try something new. The other main truck brands are also experimenting right now with their grilles.
Who is? Both Chevy and Ford haven't done anything radical in the last bit...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Even Chevy doesn't seem to be up to anything different for their next generation Silverado, going from what can be seen in test mule spy shots, although at times they aren't entirely best representations of what's to come.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Remember that the Rebel is a more unique Ram model. I think that you'll find more interesting things being done with the grille on those special models. The standard truck models have a kind of iconic grille design that probably should be preserved, but its good to have room for something different as well.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That look other RAM variants have is what I think they won't steer much away from unless they have plans to make changes to that, but the last change they made didn't go over well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts