Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, have a couple more question on my 2017 Rebel....

#1- Can I stop the chime, for when the fob has left the vehicle? Reason, we leave the dog in the truck with it running but the chime is irritating..

#2- I find that when I first approach the truck and unlock it, if I don't open the door, it locks back in a minute or so. I'm normally loading goods into the back and before I get back up front the doors are locked again. Is there a setting for this?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
94 Posts
Problem #1- No idea if there is a way to disable that chime. There's supposedly a way to disable the seat belt chime so it's possible there may be a way to disable that one too, but you could always just leave the fob in the truck when you put the dog in. You can't lock the doors when the fob is inside, so there's no danger of locking it in.

Problem #2- I haven't noticed that mine does that. If it did I'd just open the door before loading anything into the back. Simple change of habit. I think I'll do a test to see if mine will re-lock, and how long it takes for that to happen. Have you looked in the owner's manual to see if that's discussed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Mike.

I finally found the answer to #2 ..after 60 seconds , if you have not opened a door, it automatically locks again. Now that I know that, I can adjust.

As for #1 , I don't want to leave the fob in the truck if I'm in the store. I might not have a truck when I come back out. A few cookies go a long ways with the pooch. The answer may be the remote start option but would still like to be able to disable it. Riding in the wife's charger and she takes her purse, I have to listen to the chimes myself..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah that was a bad suggestion LOL. I guess I didn't understand where you wanted to leave the truck running with the dog inside. For some reason I was assuming you were at home.

I forgot to test out the door lock time on mine yesterday. Maybe I'll remember today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We took a road trip a few months ago in the other Ram, we just left the ignition key in it and locked the doors when we went in to eat. was worried at times but the truck was there each time LOL, dog too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts