Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BDS said it can't be done at this time, but we just completed it on my 2016 with no problems and the air suspension is fully functional. I also choose to get the upgraded Fox Shocks. I also installed 18 Fuel wheels with a 5" backspace and 35" tires. The truck looks great and so far has an excellent ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Can you upgrade the front shocks? They look built into the air spring set up. But does look really good! We're they any snags along the way since it "doesn't work" with the rebel??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BDS said it can't be done at this time, but we just completed it on my 2016 with no problems and the air suspension is fully functional. I also choose to get the upgraded Fox Shocks. I also installed 18 Fuel wheels with a 5" backspace and 35" tires. The truck looks great and so far has an excellent ride.
Can you upgrade the front shocks? They look built into the air spring set up. But does look really good! We're they any snags along the way since it "doesn't work" with the rebel??
The kit only comes with the rear shocks

·
Registered
229 Posts
Man this looks darn good. Did you have to lengthen the air & brake lines over what the kit shipped with? Details please.

·
Registered
133 Posts
everything looks great, asides from the chrome shrouds around the bi-halogen projectors!

Hopefully follow similar steps as you soon. Please share as to what was needed to get the kit to work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
By chance, did you do a dry fit with the 35's before the lift? I'm wondering what is the tallest tire we can fit with the stock setup.

·
Registered
56 Posts
By chance, did you do a dry fit with the 35's before the lift? I'm wondering what is the tallest tire we can fit with the stock setup.
I have to look but one of these threads here or the other rebel forum someone put 35's on stuck with wheel spacers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can we get some more pictures of the truck/suspension??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey 44stevenson, you mentioned in another thread that you have over 2k miles on it, how's the kit running? Any handling issues, uneven tire wear, etc.? Have you had a chance to try out 4 Lock and 4 Low? Also, been reading some mixed message reply's (including two conflicting messages I've received) from BDS regarding the fit of the 1623H 4″ Air-Ride RAM 1500 Lift Kit. Sometimes they say that they need to make additional adjustments for the Rebel and swap a few parts, and other times they say that the Rebel has the same chassis as other 2015/16 Air Suspension 1500's and will work just fine. Would love to hear from someone who's actually running on the lift. Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey 44stevenson, you mentioned in another thread that you have over 2k miles on it, how's the kit running? Any handling issues, uneven tire wear, etc.? Have you had a chance to try out 4 Lock and 4 Low? Also, been reading some mixed message reply's (including two conflicting messages I've received) from BDS regarding the fit of the 1623H 4″ Air-Ride RAM 1500 Lift Kit. Sometimes they say that they need to make additional adjustments for the Rebel and swap a few parts, and other times they say that the Rebel has the same chassis as other 2015/16 Air Suspension 1500's and will work just fine. Would love to hear from someone who's actually running on the lift. Thanks!
ME too, my lift gets delivered on thursday, tires and wheels take alot longer...............................................ha

1 - 20 of 81 Posts