Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! Within the next month, I'm planning on getting Arkon Offroad Alexanders 20x12 -51 and running 35/12.5R20 on them. I'm going to do custom lift links and I know I'll need to trim the pinch weld on the front wheel wells. If anyone has any tips on fitment or metal trimming, let me know. Or if yall think this is too ambitious of setup, please let me know too. I'll keep yall posted!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:
Everything went smoothly and the truck turned out amazingly. All I did was trim the pinch weld behind the fender liner, heat and mold the liner back, and made custom lift links. I have no rubbing issues at all. The truck is now running 35 inch tires on a 12 wide wheel with a -51 offset without a lift kit ��.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious Squints, do you think if you would have gone 33x12.5/20 that you would still need to modify the fender welds? I’m looking at upgrading and since I have fender flares added I’m trying to avoid modifying the flares.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious Squints, do you think if you would have gone 33x12.5/20 that you would still need to modify the fender welds? I’m looking at upgrading and since I have fender flares added I’m trying to avoid modifying the flares.
Hey Doug! Yeah, if you go with 33's you wouldn't need to trim the pinch weld. It'll also depend on the amount of offset you're wanting to run on the wheels. I've seen people stick with a +18 offset and fit 35's without trimming and a slight rub at full turn. The more offset, the more you will need to increase height and trimming. From what I've seen and researched, 33's on most offsets will fit without any trimming but might rub at full turn. If you're wanting to run 33/12.5R20 on a 20x12 then it should fit with your completely stock suspension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts