·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
35"s?!?

Hey everyone!

Getting my Rebel tomorrow, can't wait!

Now the question that kills!

I've been looking at a lot of posts on this forum but remain with a simple question;

How can I fit 35x12.5x17 on stock wheels without lifting if at all possible. I'm assuming spacers could be an option. I'm willing to try Raider's or Carbon's link lift but i'm afraid of it not working as I've read in multiple posts that some are having issues with the link swap and end up going back to stock.

I don't want to risk getting 35's and then have issues and have to swap back to 33's...

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On stock suspension? Without any lift or spacers? On stock wheels?

I was looking at putting some Duratracs since they have the snowflake for our Quebec winter tire law.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Go with a 315/75R17. I'm running that size in a Nitto Trail Grappler...No problem
That's good to hear. A 315/70 is normally about 34.5" but a 75 takes that to 35.5" or thereabouts. Some guys running tires at 35" or better have reported some rubbing in tight turns in either Aero or Entry/Exit mode.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They aren't stock wheels though so I assume the offset is not the same than the stock ones.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just do it. 315x70x17's will fit with lift link mods or not. You may get some very minor rubbing in some modes while turning or off camber while turning. But it's very minimal
My Cooper MTP's are the same at 34.5in tall as are the Nitto's
Have fun!
Todd

Attachments

Reactions: mark182005

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just do it. 315x70x17's will fit with lift link mods or not. You may get some very minor rubbing in some modes while turning or off camber while turning. But it's very minimal
My Cooper MTP's are the same at 34.5in tall as are the Nitto's
Have fun!
Todd
That's awesome!! Good to know as well!

Would 1/4'' spacers resolve that issue of the minor rub? Since the wife will be driving it sometimes, I don't want her to tear the inner fenders apart hahaha!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh and what I was going to install on the truck are 315/70R17 Wrangler Duratracs. I know TireRack says they are 12.7'' wide so I dunno if it will make a huge different in terms of rubbing...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just ordered 20 inch rims with 35 x 12.5 Nitto's, I should have them on before the end of the month and I'll let ya know how it goes xD

·
Registered
660 Posts
So about an inch and a half difference. Together with the wider tires, I'm guessing you're looking at wider flares, too?

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's awesome!! Good to know as well!

Would 1/4'' spacers resolve that issue of the minor rub? Since the wife will be driving it sometimes, I don't want her to tear the inner fenders apart hahaha!
If you use the correct spacers and matching extended bolts then I assume everything would be fine as long as you don't drive aggressively. But, if you ever run into suspension issues warranty may not cover it since you changed the suspension geometry.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you use the correct spacers and matching extended bolts then I assume everything would be fine as long as you don't drive aggressively. But, if you ever run into suspension issues warranty may not cover it since you changed the suspension geometry.
This is why you always switch back to stock configuration, even when doing an oil change. Tech's might take note of your offset/spacers when doing other work and they may not cover it even if you put the stock rims back on for warranty work later on down the road

1 - 19 of 19 Posts