Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, it has been officially 3 months since ordering my 2016. According to the dealer it was shipped three weeks ago from Detroit, to Northeast Ohio, 3 hour drive. Seems odd they cant find it. All the upgrade parts in my garage are getting rusty waiting.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Good lord, I was told 3 months if I custom ordered, but that's shipping to Canada! I'm so glad I found mine on the lot, it must be torture! ��

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been torture, plus I have put almost 10,000 more miles on my 2012 Sport, so the dealer is not going to be happy. I guess each dealer is only allowed to get so many Rebels per month, and special ordering one has to fit into their normal orders. Oh well, it should be worth it when it finally arrives.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer called today, the truck is in a "holding facility" it has been since early December. They are missing a factory installed part and are not able to ship until the invoice is 100% complete on the build. They have no idea how much longer. This could reach 4 months before I get to drive my Rebel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I feel your pain... well almost!!! I ordered mine Nov 18th. They told me it could take up to 12 weeks. The dealer told me it was shipped Dec 23rd. And still haven't heard anything.... I'm now wondering if mine is parked next to yours???

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not to rub salt in anyone's wound, but I ordered mine on Nov. 2nd and picked it up Nov. 21st. 19 days. I wonder what's with the long wait times? From what I've heard, my build was lightning fast, but 3 months?!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I now really certainly feel your pain..... my dealer just called, my truck is in. And that's into Ontario. I will pick it up Monday. It's a bitter sweet......Happy for me, but not so for you! :):(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am guessing it is one of the options. Yesterday I was hoping it was that they wanted to put in the new apple car play nav radio. :grinning:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well this is scary. Just joined the forum. Ordered my Rebel yesterday. Not liking the sound of this at all. If this drags on at least I'll know I'm not alone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dealer just called. Dodge called yesterday to let them know the truck was crashed at the holding facility back in early December, took them this long to call. There is $4000-$5000 in damage. So as of today, I will be ordering another Rebel

The crappy part, Dodge is not willing to give me any incentives etc... for waiting. Seems they are holding strong, so the wait begins again. They are supposed to send me pictures of the truck, but I am not counting on it now.

Dodge gets a huge negative for this, not willing to work with me after waiting over 3 months. oh well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dealer just called. Dodge called yesterday to let them know the truck was crashed at the holding facility back in early December, took them this long to call. There is $4000-$5000 in damage. So as of today, I will be ordering another Rebel

The crappy part, Dodge is not willing to give me any incentives etc... for waiting. Seems they are holding strong, so the wait begins again. They are supposed to send me pictures of the truck, but I am not counting on it now.

Dodge gets a huge negative for this, not willing to work with me after waiting over 3 months. oh well.
Total BS on Ram's part. 3 months to notify the dealer?

Can't your dealer find you one on another lot? Seems to me they owe you something if they want your business. They can pay the shipping. Having to order all over again doesn't sound right to me.
Best of luck.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts