Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking at ordering wheels and tires today but just wanting to get some more opinions before I pull the trigger. I am looking at 20x10 +18s and 35-12.50-20. Will this setup fit with or without the link mod with minimal to no rubbing? Thanks

·
Registered
660 Posts
Everyone that has reported running 35x12.5 has reported rubbing, no matter the offset, to the best of my knowledge. (without a lift mod)

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I've seen people run 35's without rubbing. A lot it is based on the actual tire. When you compare two tires side by side, even though you might be comparing the same size, the shoulder of the tire is shaped different. Some rub while some don't.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have -20 offset with 10 inch wide rims (height of rim don't matter) and 35x12 inch tires and a front end level with link mod. They rub
I also then installed a 3 inch body lift. They still rub, worse actually
I then zip tied my fender liners back as hard and tight as i could, and the rubbing is very minimal, going in reverse and no rub forward.

I've seen people run 35's without rubbing. A lot it is based on the actual tire. When you compare two tires side by side, even though you might be comparing the same size, the shoulder of the tire is shaped different. Some rub while some don't.
Yes, it is always the outer top edge of the tire that rubs for me, so I would assume if that was closer to the hub then it probably wouldn't rub. So either 9 inch rims instead of 10, or simply 10 inch wide instead of 12 inch wide tires

·
Registered
4 Posts
if it helps, with that setup the top of the tires would be 1.15" closer to the fender flare, inner sidewall would be .77" further away from the suspension/frame and the outer sidewall would be 2.07" further out than the stock setup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts