Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2018 last night. Drove it straight to the shop for tinting. Also de badged the rebel and 4x4 on the tailgate. Looks way to busy imo and since you can’t easily remove the ram lettering i did what I could for now. Looks a lot better for sure.
I will be getting prices on bodywork to fill the pin holes and remove that ram lettering and will let you guys know.
Also will be getting a new grill, intake, and possibly exhaust. Any info on those items would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just picked up my 2018 last night. Drove it straight to the shop for tinting. Also de badged the rebel and 4x4 on the tailgate. Looks way to busy imo and since you can’t easily remove the ram lettering i did what I could for now. Looks a lot better for sure.
I will be getting prices on bodywork to fill the pin holes and remove that ram lettering and will let you guys know.
Also will be getting a new grill, intake, and possibly exhaust. Any info on those items would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Dave
Congrats on your new truck and welcome to the forum! So you're planning to completely de-badge the Rebel? Change the grille? I'm just curious as to why you bought a Rebel and not a less expensive model of the Ram 1500? Seems like people either love it or hate it, but for me the Rebel grille was the whole reason for buying this model. I'd have just gone with a 1500 Sport if I didn't like the Rebel grille. I'm not attacking you, just trying to figure out your thought processes on this purchase. Which grill would you replace it with?

I like the badging on my Rebel, except for the giant R A M on the tailgate. I wouldn't mind removing that some day when I want to pay a body shop to fill the holes and repaint.

As for exhaust, I plan on getting the Carven Progressive exhaust. A lot of people on different Ram forums highly recommend that exhaust. I don't want it too annoying but I do want to hear the growl of the hemi. There are several intakes available, however, I can't see spending the amount of money an intake costs for the minimal gain in performance they may or may not provide. I opted for a K&N drop in filter for the stock intake instead, mainly because I won't have to replace paper filters all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a fan of any of the ram grills. I do like the rebel more than the others thou. Got pricing to remove the ram lettering, at least 600 bucks. The body shop says a ton of ppl are looking for rebel grills and tailgate letters so we might work a deal where he keeps my stuff.
I was looking at trex grills, I couldn’t find many manufacturers for the rebel every search seems to end at the trex grill. I love the rebel body style just not a fan of their badging and grill.
And yes carven seems to get good reviews I may go that route and forget about the intake for now

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fair enough. I haven't searched for aftermarket grills that would fit the Rebel. It's not only the fact that I really like how the grille looks, but also the fact that it's not painted, nor is it chrome. Rock chips are prevalent where I live in winter, and the plastic grille and powder coated bumper hold up real well against that. The good looks are a bonus for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the details on the RAM lettering pricing you received. I have also debadged my rebel with the exception of the RAM on the tailgate for the same reason, but definitely plan to. IMO the rebel has way too many badges on it. With so many rams on the road I wanted a more streamlined look. I also plastidipped the RAM on the grill flat black and like it much better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome, only a few things done to my 2018, tint front side windows, vinyl on the hood, bed cover, and tailgate light bar. I am a fan of Granite Crystal paint so got it matching my 2014 Challenger.

-Kenny

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts