Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2018 Rebel and the first thing I want to do is change the headlights to LED's. I am not looking to get into a debate on which is better LED or HID. I only want to upgrade to LED's so they match the LED fog lights and the LED bed lights and what I think are LED under the mirror lights that light the walkway. They all have the same hint of blue to them and I can't stand the current light having that yellow tint. I want everything to match. My concern is this Bi-function feature. From what I understand it is some sort of shutter that controls how much light output is released which gives the Hi/LO brightness.

Does anyone know if this shutter is part of the light or the headlamp housing?
Can I just upgrade to an LED bulb?
What kind of bulb will match the color of the fog lights?
Are the DRL lights different and if so any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Rebel and the first thing I want to do is change the headlights to LED's. I am not looking to get into a debate on which is better LED or HID. I only want to upgrade to LED's so they match the LED fog lights and the LED bed lights and what I think are LED under the mirror lights that light the walkway. They all have the same hint of blue to them and I can't stand the current light having that yellow tint. I want everything to match. My concern is this Bi-function feature. From what I understand it is some sort of shutter that controls how much light output is released which gives the Hi/LO brightness.

Does anyone know if this shutter is part of the light or the headlamp housing?
Can I just upgrade to an LED bulb?
What kind of bulb will match the color of the fog lights?
Are the DRL lights different and if so any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

shutter is part of the housing.

DRL is the LED bar below.. not the projector

bulb should be 9005..

I don't recommend LED for the projector. I recommend HID since it will have much better distance.. I have used a 5000k colour temp for mine. for LED and for HID, you will need to make sure you get something compatible and will most likely have to drill into the headlight dust cover to route extra wires out for HID ballast/ignitor or LED driver... Suspect if you install LED you won't be happy with the performance.. the throw distance from LED bulbs is nowhere as far as HID in these headlights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shutter is part of the housing.

DRL is the LED bar below.. not the projector

bulb should be 9005..

I don't recommend LED for the projector. I recommend HID since it will have much better distance.. I have used a 5000k colour temp for mine. for LED and for HID, you will need to make sure you get something compatible and will most likely have to drill into the headlight dust cover to route extra wires out for HID ballast/ignitor or LED driver... Suspect if you install LED you won't be happy with the performance.. the throw distance from LED bulbs is nowhere as far as HID in these headlights.

Thanks for the advice. I just need to see what color temp my fog lights are and then I'll order new lights. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts