Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if its possible to take radio/nav unit currently in a 2018 and put in into a 2017 to gain Apple carplay ?

My 2017 rebel is really really buggy with iPhones half the time it doesn't work, you can be 8 songs into a playlist and its still showing song #1 on the display, locks up, random issues and this is with an iPhone 7,8 and x all same issues tried brand new direct from apple cables and same issues its horrible that Chryslers uconnect system acts up so much.

I have a 2017 Rebel and a 2015 F150 and the sync system runs circles around the uconnect is really sad all this work put into the ram and they completely drop the ball on the infotainment system.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would think your 2017 is still under warranty, I would take it in and have them at least flash update the software, then repair it/replace it as necessary. Radios now days aren't like in the past they are heavily integrated in the vehicle and swapping them out isn't an easy thing any longer.

Good luck.
-Kenny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try infotainment.com ... They have an option where you can purchase a factory reconditioned radio with Android Auto and Apple Carplay. $1300 for no nav and $1600 for nav radios according to the website. Not sure what is meant by factory reconditioned ... probably reflashed but they have a compatibility guarantee if you provide VIN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts