Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 rebel here and I installed LED's in the 2 map lights in overhead console and the white plastic part that turns light on/off when you press the clear cover came loose and is up inside console. Anyone know how to safely remove this console so I can get to part and fix? Video would help. Hope this makes sense.
Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been there done that

You- Tube search " Ram Overhead Console removal" you will get a hit on a 2013. It is the same as ours and spot on. It is a simple process. Once you get it popped down, just look at the other side for reference. Pretty simple design. I didn't unhook and wire connections.

Mine was really tight. I had to pull a lot of slow downward pressure. I used a plastic spatula to start the separation from the headliner, then used two wooden paint stirrers running front to back on each side to distribute the pressure against the plastic more evenly and also to save my fingers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you MarkMo. Sounds simple enough. I'll post my findings once I get to it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update (same day)
I see what you meant by saving your fingers. Used the paint stirrers just like you said and only had to pop the first two down to get done what I had to do. Thanks again for the tip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts