Ram Rebel Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I can't take it off till next weekend so I'll see what the wife thinks about it and maybe put the stock one back on if she doesn't like it. I guess I'm getting older even though I'm only 31 that I don't want a loud truck. I was hoping for something a little louder from stock since I did a 50 series before and it was a nice middle of the road on my 03 f150 5.4L.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I installed the Flowmaster American Thunder muffler and it was a little louder than I wanted so I took it back off. I had a 50 series before and didn't remember it being this loud.
Before
https://youtu.be/qSASg2OJ-7o
After
https://youtu.be/sonusOiUh7Y

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Outlaw with a K&N CAI and it almost seems like its a deeper sound than yours. I wonder if the American Thunder Series is higher pitch causing it to sound "louder". I love the way my truck sounds. And it still lets my 2 yr old and 1 month sleep on long trips without an issue. Just my thoughts.

Cheers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
In the truck I'm not concerned about since my daughter will fall asleep on my quad when we ride it around but the drive way is 10 feet from their bedrooms so those early morning starts to work would be what I'm concerned about. I do sales too so I'm always worried about pulling up to someones house and them getting something up their ass about it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I got the lights mounted last weekend. I had to drill two holes and was hoping they would sit a little further back from what they do but it's not bad. I sprayed some paint on the fresh holes and then put a little bit of caulk on the washer and bracket to try to keep the water out so it doesn't rust up. It's much easier seeing at night backing up now. I wired them into the purple wire of the back up light bulb so they come on automatically when I back up.

I didn't realize the door came in that far but it just makes it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
A little update. I miss my F150 seats cause looking cool doesn't mean they're comfy. I had to take the head rest off and put the rear one on cause they put your head at a horrible angle. I'm not sure if it's the way the seat broke in or how they made it but the passenger side doesn't feel as bad so I'll have to ask the stealership when I go for the 1st oil change about it. So far the rest of the truck has been good. I have 4,600 miles on it already, I think this would be the last Ram I'd own just cause of the seats and the way they did the interior since they don't have the room the F150s give you. I'm waiting for it to get warm and stay warm to do the HID conversion since I don't want to mess with the plastic trim while it.s still cold out.

I got a Bedrug mat for the back and I was expecting it to be a little different but it's still nice to have.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I got the Hi-lift jack mounted on the rambox bar with using the Hi-lift jack mounts and a unistrut channel nut.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I was tired of dealing with the ram cover so I sold it and got a truxedo lo pro roll up cover.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I got her off road last weekend in Wharton State Park in NJ and found out she doesn't like any thing more than rumble in a road since the suspension isn't set up to handle any whoops. I broke the passenger side view mirror from branch hitting it when it was 25 degrees out so the plastic was a little brittle.

1-1/2-2' whoops on the one road.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What sound does a moose make?

I was a little disappointed with the puddle lights.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Scott - Thanks for the video comparison of the exhaust. did you only replace the stock muffler with the Flowmaster Outlaw only or did you do other changes? to me the sound is exactly what i want.

I am in the market for an exhaust system and was going to purchase the borla s-type cat back system. It's running me $1k but if i can get similar sound from simply switching the muffler it will cost me 60% less.

·
Registered
176 Posts
A little update. I miss my F150 seats cause looking cool doesn't mean they're comfy. I had to take the head rest off and put the rear one on cause they put your head at a horrible angle. I'm not sure if it's the way the seat broke in or how they made it but the passenger side doesn't feel as bad so I'll have to ask the stealership when I go for the 1st oil change about it. So far the rest of the truck has been good. I have 4,600 miles on it already, I think this would be the last Ram I'd own just cause of the seats and the way they did the interior since they don't have the room the F150s give you. I'm waiting for it to get warm and stay warm to do the HID conversion since I don't want to mess with the plastic trim while it.s still cold out.

I got a Bedrug mat for the back and I was expecting it to be a little different but it's still nice to have.

Interesting take on the seats. I have the exact opposite opinion. I too came from an F150 and thougth those seats were thin, and the leather made me slide everywhere.

The Rebel side bolstering does it for me. I love these seats.

To each his own.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Scott - Thanks for the video comparison of the exhaust. did you only replace the stock muffler with the Flowmaster Outlaw only or did you do other changes? to me the sound is exactly what i want.

I am in the market for an exhaust system and was going to purchase the borla s-type cat back system. It's running me $1k but if i can get similar sound from simply switching the muffler it will cost me 60% less.
It's just a muffler swap so it's pretty basic to do. 3 clamps and it's off, I did take the end pipes off to get the muffler out. When you put it back I'd put some oil on the male part of the pipe so it goes in easier. I put them in dry the first time and it took a little more work getting the pipes in all the way. The 2nd time I did it with some Aero oil and they went in easily.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Interesting take on the seats. I have the exact opposite opinion. I too came from an F150 and thougth those seats were thin, and the leather made me slide everywhere.

The Rebel side bolstering does it for me. I love these seats.

To each his own.
I live out of my truck and find it harder to eat off of the center console with the ram seats since they hold you in better. I never felt like I was sliding around in the F150 seat and seemed to have a little more adjustment too. Being sporty doesn't make things comfortable especially being in there for 22.000 miles a year. I was more concerned about looks with this truck and will be looking at luxury from now on since everyone says the Laramie seats are better or Ford lariat and above just because of how much time I'm sitting in it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts