Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd start my build thread since the truck came in and I'll be picking it up on Monday. I ordered it back in August and they told me it would be about 24-26 weeks so I was a little surprised to get a email today saying it's in. This is what it will look like but with some changes/ mods.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The truck had most of the options with the 5.7 Hemi, luxury package, skid plates, nav, 4x4, 3.92 gears, ram box, bed liner, trailer brake control, moon roof, 32 gallon tank, ram tonneau cover, alpine system and the keyless enter and go.

The mod list so far are Go Rhino RB10 steps, TRS Mopar HID low beam kit, Flowmaster American Thunder muffler, power folding tow mirrors, window tint, rough country 30" curved SR light bar in the bumper, rigid SRQ back up lights, ASV window vents, PIAA high beam bulbs and the floor storage locks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Love the Go Rhino RB10 steps. I think they're the most fitting.

You definitely have a dope list of mods ready for the truck. Have you bought everything already or plan on piecing it together as you go ?? Nonetheless, you have a solid list there my friend.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Stackin, I ordered the steps and flow master last night so it should only be a few days without a set of steps since they say they will ship out today. I'll order the towing mirrors today and a few small stuff.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Your pictures are not showing up. Does it really look like a Storm Trooper? I'm expecting to see decals to match the storm trooper helmet.

·
Super Moderator
451 Posts
Love the white... didn't go with it because I'm in construction and constantly getting the truck dirty. Granite looks a bit better dirty. Congrats and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your pictures are not showing up. Does it really look like a Storm Trooper? I'm expecting to see decals to match the storm trooper helmet.
They call black and white trucks Storm Troopers.

Sweet, if it isn't too much, post some videos of that flowmaster ! I love exhaust videos lol
I will. If I remember to get one of my ecoboost I'll post that up too since the turbos sound good but the V-6 not so much.

Love the white... didn't go with it because I'm in construction and constantly getting the truck dirty. Granite looks a bit better dirty. Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Thanks, I'll see a construction site every so often but I don't need to worry about getting dirty from them anymore since I'm in the office now. If it gets muddy it's normally from coal haul roads going dirt biking or sand from riding in jersey too. I like the white because it stays so much cooler in the summer.

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's definitely a noticeable difference. Does sound deeper and throatier. That's what I always liked about Magnaflow though. It's not obnoxious and screaming at you, but you get that depth that you can hear and it just sounds mean.

Thanks for the vid though ! Any drone ??

·
Registered
70 Posts
None on the highway which was my main concern, only a little when you're going maybe 35mph and it drops down to 8th gear. Sounds awesome when you stomp on it, though :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A quick up date.
I picked up the truck up Monday and I'm still getting use to the changes. I got a few things on monday which are the DeeZee tail gate shock, 3x3 corner bind spot mirrors and a Bolt hitch lock. The blind spot mirrors took a little to get use to and work pretty well but the ford tow mirrors are still the best set up out there cause you could see everything with those.

Yesterday morning I was putting the DeeZee tail gate shock on and cracked the drivers tail light so I had my tint guy wrap the tail lights when they did the window tint.

70% tint

the Ram tonneau cover I'm not so sure about since I thought it was a roll up but was a soft tri fold that you can't get full access to the bed without taking it off so I'll have to give it some time to see how well it works out for me.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The crack isn't too bad, a wrap should be enough to keep the water out when it rains. But I have no idea how condensation will affect it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It should keep the rain and moisture out, I just hope the tint itself holds up and doesn't get any scratches or rips in it. If I get a year out of it I'll be happy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
A guy on the F150 forum was asking about the differences so I came up with somethings just in the few days I've had it.

The few days I've had it.
F150 Pros
Tow Mirrors, better storage in the back/ under the seats, flat back floor, sunglass holder space, better back up camera, better turning radius so something since it's much easier to back up, tail gate step with stipper pole, center console and steering wheel controls are a little easier to use but nothing major but ram has some things that ford didn't so it would be nice to see them standardize the user controls so you can adjust and see what's going on or feature operation, memory seat and mirrors
Cons
Ecoboost (the power is great but MPGS and over all feel, if you've had V-8 trucks all your life then you'll feel like something is missing), no air ride, no ram box, stupid turn signal stalk (I hated how it never stayed up or down), no aggressive offroad look with the FX4 unless you go to the raptor

Ram Rebel
Pros
Air ride, Ram box, less restrictive traction control when on, off road look and don't have to go to a wide body raptor, rear in floor storage, 33ish" tires, no console shifter to take up space or column shifter,
Cons
no Fords style tow mirrors or standard mirrors with blind spot mirrors, no sunglass holder, no adjustable head rests, they don't bother my back but it's nice to be able to adjust them, no memory seat and mirrors

I'm sure there's things I'm leaving off for both and some are very stupid/ small complaints about both.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the Flowmaster American thunder muffler on yesterday and I'm on the fence with it. I wasn't expecting it to be as loud as it is.
I got one video of it so far.
https://youtu.be/HjV2BW0QroA

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Magnaflow cat back on mine and its hard to tell by the video but I think the Magnaflow is louder in the cab. Not annoyingly loud but you can definitely hear it. I thought the flowmasters were supposed to be the loud ones.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I started it up without the muffler and I think it is pretty close to this so I was thinking maybe I ordered the outlaw by mistake but the order says American thunder.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts