Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I am a very happy 10 day owner of my new Rebel. Have a few mod's done and a few more on the near future.
Was wondering if anyone has any pics of the skid plate painted instead of the light metal color it currently is and is it easier to paint on the truck or is it easy to take off. I know there are at least four bolts, but perhaps more.
Thinking of using Plastic dip in a dark metallic grey (close to paint color) and the tow hooks in a metallic cranberry to closely replicate the interior red on dash. Any thoughts? The great thing is if I don't like, I can peel off...I was also thinking of getting the local box liner place doing a darkish gray on if I don't like the painted color.

So far 35W, 6000k new low beam HID's as well as 20" curved bar behind the lower grill. Just finished a deezee shock tailgate assist. Coming this week is a paint matched canopy (not a fan of them but a 5 hour trip to cabin, helps keep gear dry and dog warm).

I think I will add to this particular thread for more updates as I move forward but thought I would ask if anyone has done the skid in anything other than black, as I have seen done...it just looks to overpowering in all black.

More pics to come as we move along...and thanks for the great site...definitely some great ideas I have been reading through.

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NightReb,

On list still to do is Canopy along with some decals that need to go on.
A decal down side of windshield (Hockey_Ride) my Instagram handle
KN Cold Air Filter (not sure exactly which one yet) though I do have 1 at Lordco that I may go pick up, as it is in (may be next weekends project)
thinking of doing LED lighting in the hood vents (amber turn signals) and not sure on secondary light color yet (want Red, but have to be careful, so probably just white)
Black 5 inch exhaust tips
lighted Ram sill plates (possibly)
Metallic grey for skid and RAM emblem, and red tow hooks
As well as other misc other lighting I may do, like Blue license plate bulbs, LED interior and Blue under dash floor lights
Blacked out rear brake light fixtures (not sure which brand yet, though prob not Recon as last ones in previous Dodge were just a year when one went)
Will be moving to next size up BFG AT's, but will wait till these tires have been used enough (perhaps next year) with a potentially taking the cant out of the front end and levelling

These are most of the ideas I am certain on, but am open as I watch and see other mods other folks do...All I know is it will be fun customizing it to my preference.

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Going to be interesting following your mod progress because that's a pretty extensive list. And pictures, we like pictures. :D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Are you also planning to route air to the filter in some way? Since you're going to the cold direction that will be a good way to maximize the air sent to it, and of course it can be done for cheap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you also planning to route air to the filter in some way? Since you're going to the cold direction that will be a good way to maximize the air sent to it, and of course it can be done for cheap.
At this time, I am more thinking just a KN Ram air, and not neccesarily routing cold air. Reason being is I may do some lighting in hood vents...I suspect the KN air filter will be done long before I touch the venting...but it is an option I am contemplating, as the added cool air is something I am interested in.

Cheers
Chevy55

·
Registered
555 Posts
Good point. Had to removing the routing in one of my last cars and that was a PITA.

Can't wait for that cold air setup to happen for for that routing to happen... most interested in seeing how you route it as i'm sure there will be more than one way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts