Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that need 900 lb-ft of best-in-class torque

Ram trucks has fired an epic salvo at domestic rivals Ford and GM.

Fiat Chrysler Automobile’s dedicated pickup division has significantly upped the performance of its heavy-duty rigs for the 2016 model year.

The optional 6.7-liter Cummins diesel engine used in these trucks has been goosed to deliver 900 lb-ft of best-in-class torque, 35 more than today’s model.

That number tops Ford’s PowerStroke and GM’s Duramax oil-burners, which have 860 and 765 units of twist, respectively. Ram claims this revised engine puts out the most torque of any mass-produced vehicle in history.

Naturally, with that extra twist comes a boost in performance. Using the SAE J2807 towing standard, properly equipped Ram 3500 trucks are rated to drag 31,210 pounds, eclipsing its nearest competitor by more two tons. In the three-quarter-ton class the Ram 2500 can tow nearly 18,000 pounds. Additionally, both payload and gross combined weight ratings are segment leading.

And if all of that isn’t enough, that Cummins diesel engine is backed by a five-year, 100,000-mile warranty. Heavy duty versions of the 2016 Ram will start rolling off the assembly line in the third quarter of the year.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think most of the time with capabilities it is more about having a vehicle that exceeds your needs that way you never have to worry about it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think most of the time with capabilities it is more about having a vehicle that exceeds your needs that way you never have to worry about it.
Indeed.

Plus its that much easier on the truck, have all the towing capacity you need and the bragging rights to go with it :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Is the towing capacity of your truck something to brag about? I guess in some circles.

It'd be interesting to hear some examples of the largest things you could pull behind the Ram Heavy Duty. Could even make a good ad.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The overall capability, which is much like many other products out there, few going for what actually meets their needs instead exceeding it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I mean really you do want a truck that is more capable than what you would regularly do with it because its not like you want to be pushing the truck right up to its limit all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts