Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

New to the site and glad to have this as a resource! I was curious if there was any issue with changing to 20" wheels on my new Rebel? Particularly with the air suspension. What size tires would I need to go with?

If anyone has some insight it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
There shouldn't be any issue with changing to any 20" wheel.
You will just be giving up the advantages of a tire with more sidewall.

20" rims with lower profile tires can look awesome, but in my past experiences they were never worth the ride trade offs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you do, I wouldn't put LT tires on them. It'll be a pretty rough ride, even with the air suspension. I put some on my old 1500 with 20s, and returned them after about 900 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't most RAM 1500's come with 20's standard, or at least as an option? What are the options of a tire with more sidewall? This is all new to me, so I appreciate the info! I attached a picture of the tires I am going with. Had these on my last Ram Larime 1500, and they rode good. And these Fuel Rims in 20x9.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Don't most RAM 1500's come with 20's standard, or at least as an option?
Yes, but they are passenger rated tires. Great for everyday driving, and I'd imagine would ride like a Cadillac with the air suspension. I just brought up the LT tires, because that's what we have on the Rebels. I put some LTs on my old truck with 20s (no air suspension) and they rode like rocks. Towed my camper great, but were to harsh otherwise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts