Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried running the stock 20 inch wheels with the stock 275/60-R20 tires that come stock on a regular 1500 with the them at 40 psi and ignoring the low pressure TPS light? Or switch to a non 10 ply street tire? I am trying to find a way to get the rebel to steer nice like my 07 Ram 1500 sport did, and get away from the feeling I am driving on mud all of the time by not having to be on the wheel constantly to keep it going straight? I have had the front end alignment checked at three different dealers, and they say it is good. I am about ready to ready it back in for a Sport 1500 real soon. Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone tried running the stock 20 inch wheels with the stock 275/60-R20 tires that come stock on a regular 1500 with the them at 40 psi and ignoring the low pressure TPS light? Or switch to a non 10 ply street tire? I am trying to find a way to get the rebel to steer nice like my 07 Ram 1500 sport did, and get away from the feeling I am driving on mud all of the time by not having to be on the wheel constantly to keep it going straight? I have had the front end alignment checked at three different dealers, and they say it is good. I am about ready to trade it back in for a Sport 1500 real soon. Thanks
Correction, I am about ready to trade it back in for a Sport 1500 real soon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel the same way.loved the way my 05 reg cab drove ,the rebel is a completely different beast
It sure is. I like the Rebel in general, but the steering part of it sucks. And it is worse if I put it in Aero mode. This steering issue will be a negative mark that will keep me from ordering a TRX. :(

·
Registered
159 Posts
You need to make sure your dealers actually know how to do an alignment on these. I had the same problem early on and after the 4th alignment at 2 different dealers, they figured out they had to have the truck running, and in alignment mode, to do a proper alignment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts