Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there im looking at trading my 2015 Ignition Orange ram in today for a Rebel. I see lots of guys running 315/70/17 to plus size the tires on the stock suspension. My current truck as 285/65/20 so essentially 34.6x11.4 im wondering if any knows if these will fit without any suspension mods i have been looking everywhere and can't find anything

·
Registered
660 Posts
The Rebel is a 1500. It will run the same size tires your 2015 1500 does. You can run pretty much any 34" - 35" tire up to 12.5" wide without lifting.

Keep in mind: Rubbing occurs at the corners, where the tire is near full lock, and the outer edge rubs. You're using a narrower tire, so the outer edge isn't pushed out as far. You will have about 3/4" more space than if using a 12.5" tire.

BUT: your wheels may change all that, depending on your offset. Most guys get greater offset, moving from the -18mm stock to +6mm or more. That's moving the tires out another inch plus.

You don't identify the wheel offset you're planning, so it's impossible to tell you whether you will be rubbing or not. We could tell you that you'll be fine, and you could end up with some high offset on your 20's that create rubbing for you anyway.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The stock rebel wheel is 17x8 +18, if hes going to a -19, hes changing the offset quite a bit.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yep, you're right. I mixed the +/- and didn't see it till later, but then couldn't edit my response. (sigh)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts