Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5.7 HEMI...when is the 1st oil change due and what is best oil to use? Semi synthetic Castrol?

I've heard different times to change oil from dealerships...

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
All I use is 5W20 Mobil1 in my Hemi's as well. As for when the oil change is due, I always just follow the EVIC. I like to change it when it hits 40% which usually is 4k - 6500k. I'm not sure for the varrying in milage but bother my '14 and '15 it varied. My guess would be depending on the season, temperature and what kind of driving is being done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've used Amsoil for years. Their extended drain interval oil is what I prefer. It lasts 25,000 miles (15,000 severe wear) and has a filter to match. I like the fact that I'm only changing oil and filter once a year.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just changed mine... that filter is in a tight spot if you don't bother to jack up the truck. I use Royal Purple full synthetic on all my vehicles. I used the gauge on the EVIC and changed it at 10% remaining.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The book says 10,000 miles, so I followed that recommendation and the oil was clean. I will be following the 10K rule of thumb in the future.

ALWAYS use either Semi Synthetic or Full Synthetic.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The book says 10,000 miles, so I followed that recommendation and the oil was clean. I will be following the 10K rule of thumb in the future.

ALWAYS use either Semi Synthetic or Full Synthetic.
Glad to see that you're also physically checking the oil which is what matters, but I wouldn't doubt that a way someone drives will impact how the oil shows up around that 10k mark, I think if its a case of someone driving hard and often, it's more likely to be in a less than favorable state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts