Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
I get what they're trying to do with that commercial...but I'm not sure if they're doing it...
Fact is they're not and i'm not liking it, seems like they ran out of ideas. Probably the sort of thing they thought would help feed in the image they want to create around it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I just think it's cheesy and that they would be better off with something that directly focuses on what the RAM can, showing more of it in its environments.

·
Registered
67 Posts
At the end of the day, the Rebel is just a Ram with a little bit of lift, 33's and some gooey body and interior cladding.

It is a commercial that lets people know - that this model exists. It lets people know, that it's a vehicle for enthusiasts of life. Something that is going to take a little bit of fun natured romping down a trail, but it is also going to get the job done when needed.

Looking at the Ram truck lineup, outside of the Rebel - there was not a single model which interested me. Laramie, Big Horn, Limited… There all cowboy and businessman machines. Not one of which will work well, or look the part hammering down a trail to the local 4x4 spot. The Outdoorsman? No thanks. SXT? no way. Powerwagon is just too big and heavy for me, And I sure as **** wasn't buying a Ford Raptor.

This all being said, the Rebel was the perfect choice for me. Like I said, that 30 second commercial - is a 30 second window into my life. I personally think they nailed the marketing, and am super glad they've built this truck...

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think it would work better for ATVs and the jet ski in the ad than the Rebel. Sure the Rebel is adventurous, but it doesn't have that same danger that I think is the crux of the commercial.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You obviously haven't been out hammering a forest service road fast in it yet then, have you? Bring the tires to 30 psi, put the suspension in normal, turn off traction control and hammer down. It is a complete riot. It feels like a Raptor without the drawbacks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts