1Likes
  • 1 Post By rebel_mike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-22-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Painting Rebel brush guard plate black

I have a 2017 RAM Rebel in Flame Red. I was considering to have the silver brush guard plate painted black to match the rest of the black paint trim along the bottom of the truck, the fender flairs, etc. I found a picture of the Rebel Black Edition which has it painted black, see pic. Has anyone painted theirs black or have considerate it?
Painting Rebel brush guard plate black-rebel-black-edn.jpg
post #2 of 6 Old 07-24-2017, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
I painted mine black. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it to post at the moment. But it looks so much better black IMO. I used plasti-dip so I can remove it easily if I decide to do that. After living with it for a couple of weeks I think I'm going to either cover it with bed liner or have it powder coated. I'm not sure paint would hold up well in some of the areas I drive.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
My buddy paid to get his lined. Turned out great. I'll get a picture of his truck when I see him next. He plasti dipped his first but it got chewed up after about a month from rock chips and driving through fields. He said that the local linex dealer only charged him 100 bucks. He removed it and brought it in.

Ram Rebel Forum Moderator
Please feel free to message me with any questions, comments and concerns.

2015 Ram Rebel Gray/Black Crew Cab Short Bed 5.7 HEMI 4x4 8spd

post #4 of 6 Old 07-24-2017, 07:05 PM

Garage
I don't expect the plasti dip to last. I just wanted to see how I liked the look, and I wanted to be able to easily remove it either to keep it original or go with another option to make it black.

How difficult was it for your buddy to remove? I've read that it's a lot of work to remove, and some people say that they wouldn't do it again if they got another Rebel. They'd rather live with it the way it came.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-16-2018, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel_mike View Post
I painted mine black. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it to post at the moment. But it looks so much better black IMO. I used plasti-dip so I can remove it easily if I decide to do that. After living with it for a couple of weeks I think I'm going to either cover it with bed liner or have it powder coated. I'm not sure paint would hold up well in some of the areas I drive.
Did you remove it or simply tape around it.

.....Joshua Rubin......
post #6 of 6 Old 01-17-2018, 12:11 PM

Garage
I taped around it since my main purpose was to see if I even liked the look. Took my time though. I'm pretty anal when it comes to masking and painting. So far it's held up very well. I can't see any places where it looks like it's been damaged by rock chips. I'm very happy with the plasti-dip. If it ever does start looking ratty I'll have it lined.
Joshua.rubin09 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page