1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 08-15-2017, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRECSF View Post
I believe that for 2017 it depends on the rear gear. 3.21 is an option but if you choose 3.92 then it comes standard. You must be familiar with how this is done this since you did it yourself, but is there a reason you chose LSD vs a locker?
Hi,

I have a 2017 night with 3.92 and the LSD did not come as standard!

Question for the OP - can you let us know which LSD you bought please
post #12 of 18 Old 08-26-2017, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckz View Post
Hi,

I have a 2017 night with 3.92 and the LSD did not come as standard!

Question for the OP - can you let us know which LSD you bought please
Pretty sure it's the Mopar OEM LSD.. the only other one is the Auburn gears LSD.. and I read that there were problems with them failing.. can't seem to find anyone that still sell them.. so maybe they pulled them... Been bugging Eaton to make a Truetrac for the 9.25ZF.. but n dice yet..
post #13 of 18 Old 11-12-2017, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgehemi61 View Post
I got tired of the one wheel peel, and limited traction when we have snow on the roads. So I figured it was time for a upgrade in traction.
Hi, Do you have parts number for locker and if others parts is needed?

regards.

J-F

post #14 of 18 Old 11-13-2017, 01:38 AM

Garage
I actually installed a Yukon Duragrip Posi a week ago. cost me around 800 CAD for the diff and install bits.. about 320 labour to install.. plus fluids and fiction modifier...

Overall I am really liking it. And it's a fully rebuildable diff.. it's not as good as an Eaton Truetrac but since they finally responded to me and confirmed that they are not even considering making anything for the 9.25FZ... went with (in my opinion) the next best option...

https://www.yukongear.com/productdet...x?ProdID=13514

So have 3.21's and posi.. works for me.. (I do mostly highway no towing so smaller gears make a difference for me in mileage) and with the engine and transmission tune, extremely capable (and fun) ride.
post #15 of 18 Old 11-13-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
I actually installed a Yukon Duragrip Posi a week ago. cost me around 800 CAD for the diff and install bits.. about 320 labour to install.. plus fluids and fiction modifier...

Overall I am really liking it. And it's a fully rebuildable diff.. it's not as good as an Eaton Truetrac but since they finally responded to me and confirmed that they are not even considering making anything for the 9.25FZ... went with (in my opinion) the next best option...

So have 3.21's and posi.. works for me.. (I do mostly highway no towing so smaller gears make a difference for me in mileage) and with the engine and transmission tune, extremely capable (and fun) ride.
Ok, Easton seem the best. But i'm would compare with the original. Do you known if the OEM is better than yukon and eaton?
post #16 of 18 Old 11-13-2017, 07:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaubin View Post
Ok, Easton seem the best. But i'm would compare with the original. Do you known if the OEM is better than yukon and eaton?
Eaton makes nothing for us.

We have a 9.25ZF.

our choices are:

OEM
Auburn Gears (have heard that there are failures)
Yukon Gear (what I bought)

that's it.. at least so far. I really wanted a torson based diff.. but nobody makes one.so our options are limited slip..

I went with the Yukon due to it being rebuildable. with LSD diffs, you eventually need to replace the plates.. with the OEM and Auburn, you will have to replace the entire diff to do that instead of just the diff clutch plates... and either way, you would want to replace bearings/seals..
post #17 of 18 Old 11-14-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
Eaton makes nothing for us.

We have a 9.25ZF.

our choices are:

OEM
Auburn Gears (have heard that there are failures)
Yukon Gear (what I bought)

that's it.. at least so far. I really wanted a torson based diff.. but nobody makes one.so our options are limited slip..

I went with the Yukon due to it being rebuildable. with LSD diffs, you eventually need to replace the plates.. with the OEM and Auburn, you will have to replace the entire diff to do that instead of just the diff clutch plates... and either way, you would want to replace bearings/seals..

thanks. Do you have a parts number for the OEM for the ZF transmission? mine is 2015 sport edition.

regards
post #18 of 18 Old 11-14-2017, 11:49 PM

Garage
No idea. Moe's has them..

I doubt that their part number is the Mopar oem PN

Mopar Limited Slip Differential for 2011-up Ram 1500 9.25ZF Axle

I like Moe's.. but being in Canada, import duties are a bit harsh.. They sell the OEM one and include the master install kit (since you at a minimum want to use new bearings)..

Install shouldn't be too bad.. Transmission shop up the road charged me 3h.. so 327 for labour. (and that's Canadian Pecos not usd.) add fluid and friction modifier... this is not a terribly expensive upgrade.. especially if you want to settle for the OEM anti-spin diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaubin View Post
thanks. Do you have a parts number for the OEM for the ZF transmission? mine is 2015 sport edition.

regards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page