Air Suspension Failure in Cold Weather - Ram Rebel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-25-2019, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Air Suspension Failure in Cold Weather

Today when my Rebel indicated "Service Air Suspension Repair Immediately" the dealer after much coercion got me in. They currently have 12 other similar problem trucks in as we are in a cold snap n Calgary, AB. One dealer = 12 trucks and FCA says there is no issue.

A few weeks ago during the last cold snap, only 2 weeks after a compressor replace after the 2nd failure my front suspension crashed while I was driving at 100 km/hr. Sent me into a terrible death wobble that I was sure I would crash. Luckily I didn't. FCA refused to acknowledge this as a safety issue 3x. So I called Transport Canada. 1-800-333-0510. They say they have had complaints since 2015 but none while someone has been driving.

This is a huge public safety issue. I urge all owners with this air suspension failure to call Transport Canada if you are in Canada. If you are in the USA I am not sure who cover public road safety but find out.

RamRebel.org has blocked my IP address for posting this. I am sure I will be censored here soon too.
post #2 of 6 Old 02-26-2019, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
I can personally guarantee you will not be blocked or banned here for posting your air ride experience with your Rebel.

There is a growing number of members on this forum and other forums are getting vocal and hopefully FCA will bow to the pressure soon and fix the issue by replacing everyones air ride for coil springs.

Hope things work out for you, for now it's every man for himself.

2019 Granite Rebel owner
post #3 of 6 Old 02-26-2019, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
that's crazy how many people are having issues and they still won't fix it right. **** some people are still purchasing brand new trucks with air ride in the northern parts of the county. I think they are insane

post #4 of 6 Old 03-03-2019, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jako View Post
that's crazy how many people are having issues and they still won't fix it right. **** some people are still purchasing brand new trucks with air ride in the northern parts of the county. I think they are insane
I don't think people would be buying these trucks if they were aware of the issues. I know I wouldn't have and its not like the salesmen are going to disclose that information. One common thing i have noticed when people tell their story about this is Dodge plays dumb when they know full well what a large scale problem this is. When I spoke with a manager at FCA about this, what did he do? Played dumb. "Oh, that doesn't sound good at all". Well no sh*t!
post #5 of 6 Old 03-03-2019, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
I don't think people would be buying these trucks if they were aware of the issues. I know I wouldn't have and its not like the salesmen are going to disclose that information. One common thing i have noticed when people tell their story about this is Dodge plays dumb when they know full well what a large scale problem this is. When I spoke with a manager at FCA about this, what did he do? Played dumb. "Oh, that doesn't sound good at all". Well no sh*t!
Yea when we were shopping for mid sized SUV. We test drove Sante fe knowing this motor had some issues. I asked the salesman about it and of course he had no clue. Either they really don't know, or choose not to care. Lets be honest most salesman wont disclose this sort of info if the customer is really interested. Just like the the salesman I talked about the air suspension. He said yea I would have steered you away if you were considering it. But they have a few sitting on the lot so highly unlikely he would have. Not to mention he is trying to build trust with me or whoever. Of course I call him out on it. B/c i like being difficult. Id say its easy for many of us to say I wouldn't sell a faulty product to a customer but if part of ur pay depends on that to feed family or pay bills then it becomes easier to justify. Shitty deal, Integrity is a lost characteristic now days especially if you are working with a big corporation
post #6 of 6 Old 03-04-2019, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jako View Post
Yea when we were shopping for mid sized SUV. We test drove Sante fe knowing this motor had some issues. I asked the salesman about it and of course he had no clue. Either they really don't know, or choose not to care. Lets be honest most salesman wont disclose this sort of info if the customer is really interested. Just like the the salesman I talked about the air suspension. He said yea I would have steered you away if you were considering it. But they have a few sitting on the lot so highly unlikely he would have. Not to mention he is trying to build trust with me or whoever. Of course I call him out on it. B/c i like being difficult. Id say its easy for many of us to say I wouldn't sell a faulty product to a customer but if part of ur pay depends on that to feed family or pay bills then it becomes easier to justify. Shitty deal, Integrity is a lost characteristic now days especially if you are working with a big corporation
Agreed Jako. Integrity now a days is a lost art form. If you are aware of an issue, ESPECIALLY a safety threatening issue. Own it before somebody gets hurt. Its only a matter of time before this happens or worse. Is that what it takes before a recall is made? Ridiculous and shameful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page