Poll - what was your previous brand before the Rebel - Ram Rebel Forum
View Poll Results: What brand was your previous truck?
RAM / Dodge 9 47.37%
Jeep 2 10.53%
Ford 5 26.32%
Chevy 3 15.79%
Nissian 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-18-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Poll - what was your previous brand before the Rebel

I know that some of us are very brand loyal and it would take a lot for us to leave our favorite brand but sometimes it happens.

I wanted to put a poll together to get an idea of the percentage of Rebel owners who came from a different brand.

Last edited by FRECSF; 02-18-2017 at 12:03 PM.
post #2 of 7 Old 02-20-2017, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I was Ford F150 crew cab and should have stayed Ford F150 crew cab. Like they say don't food shop when you're hungry, don't truck shop when you're angry. I knew Ford was over all better but for what I thought I wanted the rebel was the best. The looks are still best but looks don't mean it's comfortable. I had a bunch of problems with my ecobust and when I go back I'll get the 5.0.

2017 Ram rebel 5.7 Hemi. Fully loaded, tinted windows, SRQ back up lights, RB10 running boards, ASV window vents, Morimoto XB35 4500K low beam HIDs with PIAA high beam bulbs, Bedrug bed mat, 305/70r-17 Ridge Grappler tires and Truxedo Lo Pro roll up tonneau cover.

Past 97 F250 LD 5.4L, 2003 F150 5.4L lifted and modded pretty good, 2013 F150 3.5EB predator- modded pretty good.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-21-2017, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
I was Ford F150 crew cab and should have stayed Ford F150 crew cab. Like they say don't food shop when you're hungry, don't truck shop when you're angry. I knew Ford was over all better but for what I thought I wanted the rebel was the best. The looks are still best but looks don't mean it's comfortable. I had a bunch of problems with my ecobust and when I go back I'll get the 5.0.
Huh I recently rode in a Ford 150 I found it sooo uncomfortable. I was really surprised it was that bad. For me the Ford was nowhere near the truck the Rebel is. Ride, seat comfort, well just everything was far superior in my Ram. To each their own though.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-21-2017, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackrebel View Post
Huh I recently rode in a Ford 150 I found it sooo uncomfortable. I was really surprised it was that bad. For me the Ford was nowhere near the truck the Rebel is. Ride, seat comfort, well just everything was far superior in my Ram. To each their own though.
What kinda if F150? I had a 2013 Lariat before this and it was like a lazy boy couch. I've also heard guys say they had dodges all their life, sat in a Ford and didn't like it. I've had fords for the past 14 years sine I started driving and now this is my first ram. I knew the head rest was going to be horrible but didn't realized the "sporty" seats would be that much worse. I've gotten it where it's livable but it's not good or great.

2017 Ram rebel 5.7 Hemi. Fully loaded, tinted windows, SRQ back up lights, RB10 running boards, ASV window vents, Morimoto XB35 4500K low beam HIDs with PIAA high beam bulbs, Bedrug bed mat, 305/70r-17 Ridge Grappler tires and Truxedo Lo Pro roll up tonneau cover.

Past 97 F250 LD 5.4L, 2003 F150 5.4L lifted and modded pretty good, 2013 F150 3.5EB predator- modded pretty good.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-21-2017, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
F 150 4X4 maybe two model years old. Did not really pay attention to an exact model as I am not a Ford fan. Mid level trim perhaps. The seats were just uncomfortable and they are mounted on sort of a step in the floor pan so I could not put my legs straight down. Ride was nothing special - the whole package was just blah. My work vans been Fords because that is the nearest dealer and they are just so so. Recently lost a motor in my 4x4 conversion van with 93K. My 96 Dodge PU with 112K runs like a top. Just never been a Ford guy. When I purchased the Rebel I did take a loop through the Ford lot and didn't see anything to change my mind and the aluminum body may be OK but I don't need to find out if they suck. I will let others try it out first. Had considered Toyota Tacoma but on the last two PUs I paid less for the Dodge/Ram than a Toyota.

Don't really want to hijack the OPs thread.

Last edited by ackrebel; 02-21-2017 at 08:34 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-22-2017, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree the sport seats aren't the best, I had a Laramie Longhorn prior to my Rebel, and the seats in that were much more comfortable. Comparing a Lariat or Laramie/Laramie Longhorn to the Rebel would be like comparing them to a Ford XLT, not going to be near as comfortable.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-22-2017, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have the Rebel, the rest of the family has Fords, they prefer to ride in mine. More head room and more comfortable, even in my old 2004 2500, the prefered to ride in mine. Everyone has their buttons..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page