Air Suspension Frozen in Extreme Cold - Ram Rebel Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 228 Old 12-11-2016, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Air Suspension Frozen in Extreme Cold

I live in Northern Alberta and am having an issue with my suspension staying in the lowest setting in extreme cold conditions. If I warm it up in the garage it will come back to normal. But once I drive to work and park it for the day it is frozen in the lowest position again when I leave. Anyone else having the same issue?
Ramsuspensionfroz likes this.
post #2 of 228 Old 12-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
My friend has a 2015 Longhorn with air-ride and after minus 35 his froze in entry mode. I asked the dealer when I bought my Rebel and he said it was plastic fittings in the system and the issue had been addressed on the Rebel. My Rebel is an early 16 but is fitted like folks who have later 2016 builds. So depending when your Rebel was built you could have the plastic fitting issue, if it is a legit issue.... you never know what some dealers know or don't know.
MIARebel likes this.

2019 Granite Rebel owner
post #3 of 228 Old 12-12-2016, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Good to know. Mine is a 2015 and is going in to the dealer on Tuesday. Will make sure the fittings are checked. Thanks.

post #4 of 228 Old 01-01-2017, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello there mud , I seen you are from the cold alberta , me also , I would love to pick your brain on your experience so far with the rebel and the cold, if at all possible and if you have a minute give me a ring , thanks in advance, 403-382-0448
post #5 of 228 Old 01-17-2017, 09:50 AM

had the same issue In Québec. my problem was worst... it doesn't stay in the lower position...there is no suspension at all ( only on the front wheels )
post #6 of 228 Old 03-04-2017, 12:40 PM

on mine the front dropped onto the bumpers and the rear stayed up in offroad 2. It was a nasty ride
post #7 of 228 Old 12-26-2017, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also own 2013 Longhorn in Alberta.The air ride system has given me LOTS of problems. When air ride screws up truck drops down onto bump stop rubbers and then you have zero suspension. Air ride does not like snow. Have replaced compressor, not a cheap fix. Compressor was on back order. Truck spent 41 days in shop. FIAT help desk was a huge waste of time. My truck went back in shop, has a leak in system after compressor was replaced. Another 30 days in shop. Nothing fixed. This option is agreat money maker for Ram.
Ramsuspensionfroz likes this.
post #8 of 228 Old 12-26-2017, 08:29 PM

Garage
No issues in Florida though it did get down into the 50's yesterday.
post #9 of 228 Old 12-27-2017, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
I wonder if in extreme conditions, you set the ride height to your prefered setting and then disabled the air system by pulling the fuse, would it stop the system from trying to auto level all night in the cold, thus compromising the sealed system?

We've just hit a cold snap in Winnipeg (-34c) and I've had no trouble with my suspension, but a friend with a 2015 Longhorn messaged me yesterday that his failed overnite. He forgot to try the fuse trick before the temps dropped and has had trouble with his suspension every winter.

2019 Granite Rebel owner
post #10 of 228 Old 12-28-2017, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey guys,

Has ANYONE had a resolution to this issue?

I bought this truck brand new from dealer this summer and it is now -40 where I live and my truck suspension is screwed.

Sometimes it is right down on the bump stops with zero suspension, sometimes a mix, and many times it won't raise at all.

I'm about to drop it off to the dealer on tuesday but if there is no fix there must be some legal recourse to this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page