Jumping ship - Page 2 - Ram Rebel Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 03-08-2016, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
Wow! Better research on the type of vehicle you need vs. want. @ any rate good luck, but prepare to take a haircut on trade in.

2016 Ram Rebel Flame Red Monotone Fully Optioned
2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Green W/ Envy
2012 Kawasaki ZX14-R SE Green
post #12 of 20 Old 03-08-2016, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomraider View Post
Wow! Better research on the type of vehicle you need vs. want. @ any rate good luck, but prepare to take a haircut on trade in.
Surprisingly I was only upside down $1150 bucks. I got out of my lease 2 1/2 years early. I didn't take nearly the bath that I expected. Oh another note, did that other headlight ever show up
post #13 of 20 Old 03-08-2016, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod250 View Post
After 6 months and 3000 miles I'm already getting rid of it. I'm in need of a 3/4 ton diesel and I couldn't make a deal on a ram, so I'm getting a 3/4 Denali with the duramax.
Don't overlook the new Power Wagon. One of my sons owns a 2014 Ram 2500 with the Cummins. He loves it.

post #14 of 20 Old 03-08-2016, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHDodger View Post
Don't overlook the new Power Wagon. One of my sons owns a 2014 Ram 2500 with the Cummins. He loves it.
The power Wagon has a surprisingly low tow rating of 10050lbs and I would have bought a cummins if they would have made me a deal, but they wouldn't. I really wanted a cummins engine over the duramax

Last edited by Jrod250; 03-08-2016 at 01:16 PM.
post #15 of 20 Old 03-08-2016, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Yeah. The Power Wagon is not really for towing anything more than a medium size trailer. It has too many things added onto it to leave enough for the tongue weight of a 9000+ lbs trailer. It's built to go off-road more than to tow heavy loads.

For towing anything over 7000-8000 lbs I'd look at more than a 1/2 ton anymore. Between GVWR and authority over the load you need more truck. The GVWR numbers advertised are BS most of the time. It's become a marketing tool for people who like to check numbers instead of real world performance.

I don't care what brand you chose. You needed a bigger truck and it's good you didn't pay much of a price for your mistake. I hope the GMC serves you well.
post #16 of 20 Old 03-08-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitjc View Post
Yeah. The Power Wagon is not really for towing anything more than a medium size trailer. It has too many things added onto it to leave enough for the tongue weight of a 9000+ lbs trailer. It's built to go off-road more than to tow heavy loads.

For towing anything over 7000-8000 lbs I'd look at more than a 1/2 ton anymore. Between GVWR and authority over the load you need more truck. The GVWR numbers advertised are BS most of the time. It's become a marketing tool for people who like to check numbers instead of real world performance.

I don't care what brand you chose. You needed a bigger truck and it's good you didn't pay much of a price for your mistake. I hope the GMC serves you well.
Thank you
post #17 of 20 Old 03-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Joe

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you
if you're leaving you have to take QCguy with you
johnj and Circuitjc like this.
post #18 of 20 Old 03-08-2016, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage
hahahahahaha
post #19 of 20 Old 03-08-2016, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
After 6 months and 3000 miles I'm already getting rid of it. I'm in need of a 3/4 ton diesel and I couldn't make a deal on a ram, so I'm getting a 3/4 Denali with the duramax.
This is why we need a power wagon diesel. They make that and I'm getting rid of the rebel
post #20 of 20 Old 05-08-2018, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nice topic, thanks guys!

In addition to other things, the trailering bundle pre-wires the truck for a 7-stick trailer association, the kind that backings electric trailer brakes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and trailer battery charging by means of the alternator when progressing. It's altogether incorporated with the wire tackle and intertwined in the under-hood combine box.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page