2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jrod250

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 02-25-2016, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Aftermarket Sunroof

Hi everyone... i am new to this forum. I just purchased a 2015 Ram Rebel V6 Pentastar. I got a great deal on this truck but unfortunately it did not come with a factory sunroof. If anyone on this forum is in SoCal (Orange County) and has previously installed a sunroof, can you please refer me to an installer.

Also if you have installed an aftermarket sunroof, how do you like it?
post #2 of 9 Old 02-25-2016, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
I don't think anyone has installed an aftermarket sunroof yet since it'll require you to cut a hole in the roof.

post #3 of 9 Old 02-25-2016, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I know technology has come a long ways, but the thought of an aftermarket sunroof makes me cringe.
I'd be worried about leaks and poor installation. If they screw up a giant hole in your roof, there's not a lot they can do to fix that
travelinman and rtm03862iq like this.

post #4 of 9 Old 02-25-2016, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Webasto:*Retrofit fresh air with a Webasto roof system

one of the guys over at a durango forum got this installed, said it was pretty good, but then got banned lol, no idea if he was advertising

Last edited by ufokillerz; 02-25-2016 at 12:13 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-25-2016, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Adding a sunroof does sound like too much for after market. I for one am not about to saw a big whole in the roof. It just isn't going to happen.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-25-2016, 05:28 PM

If the aftermarket sunroof ever leaked and ended up messing with any of the numerous electronics inside the truck I'd hate to see the cost of the repair bill in YOUR pocket, since Ram definitely wouldn't warranty it and I would also bet that getting any installer to pay for the damages would be a HUGE hassle.

I'd personally stay away from a aftermarket sunroof. If you want one that bad, trade the truck up for one with it.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-25-2016, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

I do agree with many on you on the forum and appreciate your opinions. If I do proceed with a sunroof I will be taking a risk, however, i live in SoCal where is hardly ever rains so the risk factors are minimal. Lastly, I have installed an aftermarket sunroof in the past and never had any issues.

Thank you for the link to the Webasto sunroof. That is one of the sunroofs I am looking at. The one I really liked was the Signature 925. http://www.signature-autoproducts.us...ebrochure1.pdf

Also many local dealers here in SoCal are installing the factory sunroofs at the dealerships. I am going to inquire about the warranty etc and get back to this group about my findings.

There is a guy on another forum that installed the Signature 925 in his ram. Take a look. Aftermarket Sunroof - Signature 925 (pics) - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums
post #8 of 9 Old 02-29-2016, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

So the dealership service advisor I went to was a nut job! I seriously get annoyed at guys that work as advisors but can't advise for S***! Long story short, the advisor told me that the dealership installs sunroofs. I asked if it is the factory unit or aftermarket brand. He got confused. I asked him again he said he "oh yes aftermarket and will cost you around $1,500." He said this without hesitation so i asked him what brand do they install and I lost him. He had no idea. Then I asked him if the work is subbed out. He said yes. I asked for the name of the installer and he said it is "something Coach." He claimed he did not know. Now i don't blame him for not giving me the name because I can go directly to the sub. So I am ok with it but I told him that I am more worried about the warranty for repairs and would rather deal with a dealership because the odds of it disappearing are far less then a Joe Hack around the corner. I asked if they have done one recently and his response "We have done many in our portfolio." So i naturally asked if they have pictures of the work they have done and he said "no." So this "advisor" has no idea what brand of sunroof they install but allegedly have installed many, they don't know the guy who comes to their dealership to install (fine don't give me the name just say its done in-house and we warranty our work), and do not have any pictures but have installed many in the recent past and have a "portfolio." So i said thank you and walked away. Note to self - stay away from this dealership. If i was being fooled on a simple install from then I just wonder what i can expect from this dealership for other service. Mind you I have installed sunroofs in the past and have serviced many cars via a dealership but this advisor i found is questionable.

Anyway I got the information on the install of a Signature 925 sunroof that was done by American Sunroof Corp in San Diego, CA for a guy on the ram forum. I like the work and getting it done on April 01st. I will post pictures of before and after. Cost is $1400.

Mods:
Signature 925 sunroof
Iconic Gladiator running boards
DeeZee tailgate assist
VMS racing 50 Cal Black and Red tip antenna

I will be modifying the interior of the rear middle seat to replicate the left and right side and provide knee support for an adult.
post #9 of 9 Old Today, 09:26 AM
ace

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No hole in roof needed, try this aftermarket sunroof = thesmartsunroof.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page