Interesting in buying a rebel, looking for advice - Ram Rebel Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Unread 04-03-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Interesting in buying a rebel, looking for advice

Looking for some advice from this forum, I'm in the market for a new vehicle and I really like the look and features of the rebel. I've lurked on this site for a bit and the only thing that has given me serious pause about this truck are the long threads about the air suspension issues. I'm from Massachusetts so it goes down to the single digits temp and sometimes below zero, but nothing like the temps I've seen described from some of the Canadian posters. I don't know if that makes a difference or if anyone from this region has good/bad experiences.

I honestly prefer the look of the 16-18 rebel, but those seem to be the ones with issues. Does anyone have any insight on whether or not this issue has been zeroed in on and solved to some extent? At least on the 18 model?
I've been looking at used ram sport or the new warlock as an alternative if the situation is still looking bleak.
post #2 of 2 Unread 04-04-2019, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
First off the air ride issue is not just an issue with the Rebels, its all models of RAM's with air ride, its just more pronounced with the Rebels because the '16-'18 models only come with air ride. As you pointed out its in sub-zero conditions where it occurs the most, but there has been a few cases where there was general failures. I live in the Seattle area, I have experienced zero issues, and I know 4 other people in this area that have Rebels or Laramie's that have air ride and they have had zero issues with it. The other thing to remember is public forums like this your going to see more of the bad than you are of the good, human nature is to bitch about whats broken not compliment on what is working well.

With that said the Rebel looks are awesome, and the Hemi packaged versions are top notch. If you want to have the looks of the '16-'18 Rebels but not have to worry if your going to have air ride issues then wait until the '19 RAM Warlock comes out, its a '16-'18 Rebel packaged as a Warlock and has coil suspension instead of air ride. But if you are really wanting one of the older models I would strongly suggest to get a '18 main reason because of the 8.4 UConnect which has Apple Car Play/Android Auto support, that was the main deciding factor when I bought mine, I use Apple Car play daily and it blows away the factory NAV hands down, its even inspired me to change out the UConnect in my '14 Challenger to a Kenwood system that has Apple Car Play.

Good luck on your choice.
-Kenny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List