Air Suspension - Ram Rebel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-27-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Air Suspension

I have a 2016 Ram Rebel with 34,000 miles. I noticed this week that the air suspension system is not returning to the Normal setting after going into the Aero setting, unless I press the button to raise it. Has anyone else had this issue?
post #2 of 2 Old 03-28-2019, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EDIT: My bad, I completely miss-read your post.

Check your settings in Uconnect and see if "Aero-Mode" is checked or not. If you are in Normal and then hit 66mph, the truck will automatically lower to Aero mode, then return when you slow down to something in the 40's.

Check that setting, and if it's checked as active, you might have a problem. Let us know.

-------------
ORIGINAL POST THAT UNRELATED TO HIS POST WHATSOEVER, BUT I WILL LEAVE IT UP FOR ANYONE ELSE SEARCHING FOR THIS ISSUE.

2017 Rebel that had 23,000 miles and the compressor on the system died after two days straight of -30F. It was completely down to nothing. Driving it was so awful, imagine trying to ride a kangaroo; bouncing all up and down from the smallest bumps going like 20mph.

First cold day, I managed to bring the truck into shop for 2 hours to warm up, the system managed to go to normal and got to Off-Road height. I slowly drove it home and parked it cuz there was tons of snow.

Second cold day in the morning, truck sagged back down. Truck's settings read Off-Road, but it was lower than Aero but wasn't quite into Kangaroo mode yet.

I have a WiTech 2.0 subscription at work, looked through various settings to try and air the system back up. There was a lot of options, but nothing would get the system to air back up since the compressor had killed itself. The Reprogramming update for cold weather on the air suspension system had already been done before I got the truck too.

Called dealer, said it was under warranty. Rode the kangaroo 2 miles to them, dropped it off and picked it up next day all fixed for free.

Hopefully nothing seriously wrong with your truck, but this was my experience and it has definitely soured the truck for me. I will be selling this truck right before Winter 2021 after the warranty runs out but before winter. I don't wanna deal with this crap on a such a new truck.

When I looked it up, i believe the compressor was ~$875 my cost as independent shop, overall bill would have been ~2200 from dealer the service adviser said.

Last edited by mbslayer; 03-28-2019 at 07:10 PM. Reason: I am dumb and didn't read it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page