How to turn off MDS Eco mode - Ram Rebel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-28-2019, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How to turn off MDS Eco mode

I found out from a co worker how to turn off the MDS Eco mode on the Ram 5.7 Hemi.
If you dont like your 5.7 Hemi going in and out of the MDS Eco mode follow this simple precedure.
Hold your foot on the brake,put in drive,go up + on the gear selector on the steering wheel to you see 8th gear on the dashboard next to the D for drive.You now have disabled your MDS Eco mode.I have to tell you unfortunatly you have to do the same precedure every time you restart the vehicle.

I hope this was helpful.
post #2 of 5 Old 01-30-2019, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpoppy103 View Post
I found out from a co worker how to turn off the MDS Eco mode on the Ram 5.7 Hemi.
If you dont like your 5.7 Hemi going in and out of the MDS Eco mode follow this simple precedure.
Hold your foot on the brake,put in drive,go up + on the gear selector on the steering wheel to you see 8th gear on the dashboard next to the D for drive.You now have disabled your MDS Eco mode.I have to tell you unfortunatly you have to do the same precedure every time you restart the vehicle.

I hope this was helpful.

You almost got it right. First you have to press the - button, then you press the + button until you get to your desired highest gear (usually 8th). This is common knowledge on every Ram forum I've ever been on, but likely good information for new members. I do this every time I drive my Rebel because I prefer not to use MDS...ever.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-08-2019, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there any harm in using the MDS? What are the downsides?

post #4 of 5 Old 02-15-2019, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MDS on off

rebel_mike, what kind of gas mileage are you getting with it off, just wondering if it's worth it all to have it on?
post #5 of 5 Old 02-15-2019, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
It's pretty much a wash as far as the difference in fuel economy goes, last time I checked the difference with it on and off. I'm seeing about 16.5 mpg in the summer and 15.5 mpg in the winter. I drive about 25 miles to work, each way. Mostly highway miles, and quite a few hills to climb and descend. For me it's not worth it to have MDS on, and I don't like the way it sounds or feels when it's active. I plan to upgrade my exhaust, and that will just make it more obvious when it's not running on all 8 cylinders. Other people claim to see a significant improvement when using MDS. I suspect that if my commute was on flatter terrain I'd see an improvement. But I'm not really that concerned about fuel economy. If I was I would have kept my Honda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List