Looking to buy 2019 rebel - Ram Rebel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-24-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Looking to buy 2019 rebel

Well guys I have been on and off again about trading my current ride in. Its 2014 Tundra with 65k miles on it. So I should get a decent trade in value. Its paid off as well so that helps. Anyway I have really had my eye on the rebel. I think it looks badass. I love the hood and the inside of the truck looks awesome. I have yet to go look at one other than just looking at it in the parking lot. Im looking at possibly talking to the dealer tuesday. Test driving it and then seeing what they can work up for me.

With that said I have been lurking around here a bit. Seems the air ride suspension is a no go in cold climate. Without knowing the issues my buddy has a air ride suspension 1/2 ton. He loves it but when he said he had that i thought if it ever gets cold..... good luck with that. I have been around equipment long enough to know that anything that has air is going to be a problem. I see the 2019's have the option with out air ride. Just from what I see as far as options. I like the idea of a 33 gallon tank. The panorama sunroof looks cool but not a must. I do however like that 12 inch screen. I saw some youtube video and there is some lag with it when operating certain features but it mostly performs well.

The one I have seen there in North Dakota has an price of 48k. I thought id still be able to get them to come down a bit from there. Be nice to settle down around 42 to 43. Id probably be ok with 44 to 45 but would will try for the 43. I know markets are different in areas but what have some of you picked yours up for. Also what kind of financing options has dodge been offering people.
post #2 of 6 Old 02-01-2019, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I got my 2019 in December. It’s growing on me. I had a Chevy 2500 diesel before and loved it, but wanted to try something different. I don’t have air ride b/c of the cold weather issues. I did get about everything else, including the Rambox, and love that option. I did not get the 33 gallon tank and wish I had. I put a lot of miles on and feel like I am constantly having to fill the tank. Then again I’m use to the diesel.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-01-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow lab View Post
I got my 2019 in December. Itís growing on me. I had a Chevy 2500 diesel before and loved it, but wanted to try something different. I donít have air ride b/c of the cold weather issues. I did get about everything else, including the Rambox, and love that option. I did not get the 33 gallon tank and wish I had. I put a lot of miles on and feel like I am constantly having to fill the tank. Then again Iím use to the diesel.
I dealt on the phone and put down 500 on a new rebel. It has the 12inch screen, block heater, group 2 equipment package, trailer brake control, 9 speakers, crew cab, and i think thats it. I printed off the window sticker but cant find it. So the crew cab is actually a pretty big price difference. Unfortunately those were the ones I was looking at that were prices much lower. I opted for the crew cab. 50k. Im excited as I fly into bismarck ND tuesday to sit in one for the first time.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-08-2019, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Try Dave Smith in Kellogg ID, they will give you a no hassle price over the phone and we’re great to work with. I drove there and picked mine up and got a much better deal than the local dealer would offer. My sales guy was Logan, he was great. Mine is a Rebel 12, billet silver over black, quad cab and I’m loving it.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-09-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge638 View Post
Try Dave Smith in Kellogg ID, they will give you a no hassle price over the phone and weíre great to work with. I drove there and picked mine up and got a much better deal than the local dealer would offer. My sales guy was Logan, he was great. Mine is a Rebel 12, billet silver over black, quad cab and Iím loving it.

I did give them the opportunity but considering how long it would have taken me to get to idaho from bismarck I decided not to go that route. When I fly in for work i can't take anytime off and its 12 hour days for two weeks. Then I fly home. I could have certainly done it on my off time but i just didnt want the hassle. I did have a bonehead mistake as I did contact them for a truck. However the truck was quad cab for 46k for basically the same package other than the fact that mine is a crew cab. So thats a reason for the price disparity. I didnt catch on until late into my negotiations. I didn't pursue a crew cab from Dave Smith. I just went ahead with this dealer in bismarck. I think it was about a 16 hour drive from bismarck to dave's. So hotel stays and fuel would have cut into anything that I would have likely saved.

7 to 8k off on crew cabs seems to be standard. Im sure some pay a bit more and some paid a bit less.

I ws able to get some more negotiating done in the fiancee department as i got the extended warranty for a thousand less. Molded mud flaps thrown into the deal. They tried to see a maintenance program for 560 for 3 years. Basically all oil changes for three years and if you lose a key fob it would be replaced once a year for the three years. Its 70 dollars for an oil change. So the numbers didnt work out. I tried to get them to do that for 250 but he wouldn't bite. Oddly enough when this dealer shows you the warranty pricing and this maintenance pricing it was all in dollar and cents/day. So basically they are showing you know 2.38/day for 48 months. Sounds cheap but is rather expensive. I wasn't having that. I wanted to see actual price. We went back and forth a lot on warranty price. So much the GM just came to the office.

Id imagine in the way they are showing people these simple figures for warranties they are selling them much easier.

Bummer part of the deal is when I flew into bismarck. My truck was dead so I had to get a jump. I then drove to the dealer to sign paper work and exhange trucks. Unfortunately it wasn't even at the dealer. So I had to wait a few days. They drove it from bismarck to killdeer and we met at a gas station. I picked her up and that was the first time I had even seen the truck in person or even sat in one. Its been awesome so far.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-29-2019, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the replies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page