Oil Catch Can Review (PICS) - Ram Rebel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-26-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oil Catch Can Review (PICS)

I've always been skeptical of oil catch cans, i used to think they were as credible as $50 electric superchargers you can find on ebay. However after doing some sue diligence and researching how the crankcase ventilation system actually works i figured i would give it a shot. In May of 2017 I took delivery of a brand new special ordered Ram Rebel with the 5.7. As soon as I got it home i popped the hood and installed the catch can I purchased from Billet Technologies. Initial look\feel is quite positive, it definitely feels solid. I did opt for all of the "upgrades" including anodized black catch can, powder coated black fittings, braided hoses, and anodized end caps. This brought the total above $200 but i like the fact that it blends in to the engine compartment.

Over the course of almost two full months i put just a hair over 5000 miles on the truck, occasionally emptying the catch can here and there to see how much would come out. As you can see in the pictures below i emptied the contents into an empty water bottle. The results were very surprising. To think that this oil would be sprayed all over my intake is just insane... I know many run hundreds of thousands of miles with no issues, but at the end of the day I think the $200 was worth it knowing my intake assembly will remain that much cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	12625   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	12633   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	12641  
post #2 of 2 Old 04-16-2019, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Catch Can Review

I completely agree, I wasn't sure at first, but once i did my research. I decided to go for it. Looked into the billet catch can, but decided to go with Mighty Mouse Solutions catch can. My dad had one on his Ram 1500, it cost about $280, but is well worth it knowing that you are reducing the amount of oil going back into your intake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190328_043652067.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	15373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190328_033020720.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	466.5 KB
ID:	15375  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page