• 1 Post By Dodgehemi61
  • 1 Post By SopraRebel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-12-2017, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Questions about upgrading speakers

Hi All, new 2017 Rebel owner here. Love this truck already. The sound quality of the stock speakers is underwhelming so I'm researching some options. The stock system in my truck does not have a subwoofer so I'm assuming g it's not the alpine system.

My question is 3 parts.

1) are there any recommendations for speakers? I'm looking for good clean quality, definitely not interested in a big thumpy system. I'll probably skip a sub altogether at first if I can get good sound out of the other speakers.

2) Does anyone know how many and what size speakers come with the Rebel base system?

3) Does the base system have crossover issues that need to be dealt with when swapping new speakers?

Thanks a bunch!
post #2 of 10 Old 03-12-2017, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I did the Mopar/Kicker upgrade. Completely plug and play. Sound quality is night and day different. Part numbers 82215414 and 82215415
Tahoebrian5 likes this.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-13-2017, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll check em out

post #4 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Wiz

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper_man View Post
I did the Mopar/Kicker upgrade. Completely plug and play. Sound quality is night and day different. Part numbers 82215414 and 82215415
Hello, was that an upgrade to the Alpine system or to the non-Alpine system?
post #5 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
Hello, was that an upgrade to the Alpine system or to the non-Alpine system?
non-Apline
post #6 of 10 Old 03-14-2017, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
I agree on the Kicker 2-way speakers sounding great. I replaced the 3-1/2" dash speakers, and the 6X9" rear door speakers. I understand the front door speakers are set up for the base, so I did not replace them. I will admit that the sound sounds great. Both speaker locations are very easy to access.
Tahoebrian5 likes this.

2016 Rebel 5.7, 4X4, Limited Slip Diff, Tonneau cover, Black tubular side steps, HID head light upgrade, Kicker speakers, Navigation, Rebel dash, Splash shields, Spray in bed liner, Custom hood decal.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-21-2017, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I just picked up a 2017 Rebel with the Infinity and subwoofer and feel that the sub is nearly not able to be noticed. I'm not sure that the premium sound is a worthy upgrade over the base if you guys can easily swap to the kicker speakers and have a dramatic upgrade in sound.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-29-2017, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The window sticker for my rebel only states "Speakers: 6" (non-Alpine) and they rock better than just about anything I had before including the setup I had in my 2001 3/4ton aftermarket speakers, wires, alpine deck and amp. The Bass is enough to rattle the windows when the volume is set to 15. I couldn't find any other details on what is in it. I wonder if what I have is the non-alpine upgrade. OP: what does your window sticker says? I do know the Alpine upgrade has "Speakers: Alpine" on the window sticker AND there should be an "Alpine" emblem right in the middle of the top dash.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-23-2018, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1) If you are going to stick with stock set up go with the Kicker/Mopar upgrade. It retains the proper load(ohm) on the stereo. The stock dash are 3.5"/8 ohm and the doors are 6x9/ 4 ohm. Both speakers are connected to the front channel in parallel. I installed JBL Club speakers in the dash and door. Both are 4 ohm and what happened is the dash became way to loud. The Kicker/Mopar is the proper set up. There is no crossover to worry about. Both the dash and door get full range sound.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-28-2018, 04:51 PM

I find it weird that FCA offers the Alpine upgrade from the factory and then Kicker as an after the fact upgrade. The Alpine system pounds. That was one of my stipulations when buying the truck. Had to have Alpine, no stock sh!t. Lol
Ngtcrlr1964 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page