1Likes
  • 1 Post By MIARebel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Has Anybody Bought a 2wd or a Mopar edition yet?

Just wondering if anybody on here has either one yet and what your thoughts on either on is.
post #2 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
I met someone that has a 2wd a couple months ago. I parked next to him in the parking lot and when I was walking out to my truck he was loading up his. Starting talking to him about the Rebel and he told me had a 2wd. I was like "Oh, well that's nice." To all his own but living in the midwest I will always get a 4wd truck.

As for the Mopar Edition, the dealership that I bought my Rebel from has 1 Mopar Edition truck. I went and looked at it and I wasn't really a fan. It's basically just an optioned out Rebel with a couple of different decals/stripes along the side. I found it interesting though because the Mopar Edition is suppose to have all black wheels but the one that I went to check out had the regular Rebel wheels.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmeavtitn View Post
As for the Mopar Edition, the dealership that I bought my Rebel from has 1 Mopar Edition truck. I went and looked at it and I wasn't really a fan. It's basically just an optioned out Rebel with a couple of different decals/stripes along the side. I found it interesting though because the Mopar Edition is suppose to have all black wheels but the one that I went to check out had the regular Rebel wheels.
I've done a few auto trader searches for the mopar editions and noticed none have the black wheels as well. weird cause that was something the specifically talked about when it was released.

post #4 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeareeff View Post
Just wondering if anybody on here has either one yet and what your thoughts on either on is.
I have a 2WD. Except for pulling my boat, living in Miami, FL there really is no need for a 4WD, so I have actually never owned anything different. I traded in an my '04 1500 HEMI for this Rebel and couldn't be happier, especially with the limited slip. That was a nightmare with my '04 (tires spun)

Now the downside...

I am moving to Toronto next week, but of course that wasn't in the plans when I bought my Rebel last November. But I am sure I will manage. Up in TOR this weekend home shopping, but adding on my Outlaw next week when I get back to compliment my K&N CAI.

Needless to say, I LOVE my truck!

Cheers!
seeareeff likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIARebel View Post
I have a 2WD. Except for pulling my boat, living in Miami, FL there really is no need for a 4WD, so I have actually never owned anything different. I traded in an my '04 1500 HEMI for this Rebel and couldn't be happier, especially with the limited slip. That was a nightmare with my '04 (tires spun)

Now the downside...

I am moving to Toronto next week, but of course that wasn't in the plans when I bought my Rebel last November. But I am sure I will manage. Up in TOR this weekend home shopping, but adding on my Outlaw next week when I get back to compliment my K&N CAI.

Needless to say, I LOVE my truck!

Cheers!
That makes sense. But glad to hear. I bet that thing is fast.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-19-2016, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeareeff View Post
I've done a few auto trader searches for the mopar editions and noticed none have the black wheels as well. weird cause that was something the specifically talked about when it was released.
I saw one at a dealership a couple weeks ago. It was black and definitely had the black wheels (identical to typical Rebel wheels except all black). It had the fender flares which were textured and looked so good I installed some on my truck the following week (mine are the smooth matte, though, which matches the bumpers and my running boards better). It was a sweet looking ride, but not sure about the blue striping. I know its in line with the Mopar blue logo but the interior was the same black/red like typical Rebels to it kind of looked out of place to me. Now if they did the interior in black/blue...
post #7 of 7 Old 08-19-2016, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The black rims are supposed to come in the bed of the truck as a extra set. I bought a Mopar Rebel and when the tech was doing the PDI inspection on new vehicles we found the all black rims we sitting in the bed of the truck. So now I have a extra set of Rebel rims if anyone is interested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page