Road and Track Reviews the 2015 Ram Rebel - Ram Rebel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-27-2015, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Road and Track Reviews the 2015 Ram Rebel

The 2015 Ram Rebel recently got reviewed by Road and Track. In my opinion, this review is more of a description of the vehicle than a review. Perhaps that is because it is a "First Drive."

Here's a quote to give you a quick summary:

Quote:
That's not to say it's a proper hellion. It takes constant vigilance and a series of button mashes to keep the onboard nannies at bay. Give us easy defeats for stability and traction control, and we'd be happier.

Yet the Rebel is a truck that's always glad to surprise you with its capability. It will grin and knock that angel off your shoulder, encouraging you to lay tracks in virgin snow or scramble up that impossible hill climb. For those of us who spent our youths bashing across fields and picking through forests in a beater with a bed, the Rebel is a familiar accomplice.
First Drive: 2015 RAM Rebel
post #2 of 11 Old 05-27-2015, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
I was kinda hoping for more. I have always related to zach's writing alot. And since he was also mentioned in thr jalopnik review where they went on a adventure minus and Ram baby sitters. Oh well. Guess I will just have to buy the truck my self and give it my own review lol
post #3 of 11 Old 05-28-2015, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeareeff View Post
I was kinda hoping for more. I have always related to zach's writing alot. And since he was also mentioned in thr jalopnik review where they went on a adventure minus and Ram baby sitters. Oh well. Guess I will just have to buy the truck my self and give it my own review lol
Unless they purposely did this to get folks to see an expanded review in their Magazine. Still, I also expected better, this is Road & Track after all.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-28-2015, 01:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMageddon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeareeff View Post
Unless they purposely did this to get folks to see an expanded review in their Magazine. Still, I also expected better, this is Road & Track after all.
I have a r&t subscription so maybe I will see something in a month or two
post #5 of 11 Old 05-28-2015, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMageddon View Post
I think that because it was a first drive it is more objectively descriptive, and then they will spend more time writing up a full proper review.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-28-2015, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
R&T always do this, same with C&D. They do first drive to get the content out quick, then an indepth review shortly following... I'd like to hear a bit more about the TC stuff. I think it was maybe the jalopnik review that said sometimes it feels like the rebel is working against you when you're trying to keep the truck from getting stuck...
post #7 of 11 Old 05-29-2015, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
R&T always do this, same with C&D. They do first drive to get the content out quick, then an indepth review shortly following... I'd like to hear a bit more about the TC stuff. I think it was maybe the jalopnik review that said sometimes it feels like the rebel is working against you when you're trying to keep the truck from getting stuck...
At least with them we can expect high quality first impressions over most, although, TFLTruck guys gave some great feedback all in good timing... one thing I like about smaller publications.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-01-2015, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightReb31 View Post
At least with them we can expect high quality first impressions over most, although, TFLTruck guys gave some great feedback all in good timing... one thing I like about smaller publications.
TFL doesn't seem as beholden to the automotive companies as some of the bigger websites. They are a bit more casual and fun. I enjoy their stuff.
seeareeff likes this.
post #9 of 11 Old 06-01-2015, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
TFL doesn't seem as beholden to the automotive companies as some of the bigger websites. They are a bit more casual and fun. I enjoy their stuff.
and that's why I make sure to look at a range of reviews to get a greater sense of what's going on and what to expect.

post #10 of 11 Old 06-01-2015, 10:18 PM

Garage
TFL doesn't seem as beholden to the automotive companies as some of the bigger websites. They are a bit more casual and fun. I enjoy their stuff.[/QUOTE]

Tfl is my new favorite review site. They always seem to be having fun

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page