Ordered a 17" Rebel...mods? - Ram Rebel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-11-2017, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ordered a 17" Rebel...mods?

Hey guys, I just ordered my Rebel, and I have no idea where to start in regard to tire size increase, suspension mods, or exhaust. (sorry for all the questions)
1-What is the largest tire this truck will accommodate without any rubbing or interference?

2-How do you lift it? Are spacers being used, or is there a way to adjust the air springs with longer sensor links or something of that nature?

3-Who makes an aftermarket shock for these trucks (King/Fox/Bilstein)?

4-What CIA/exhaust upgrades are being used, and are there any horsepower figures?

5-Are aftermarket parts the same for the Rebel as any other Ram 1500? (aside from suspension)

Thank you in advance!!!!!
post #2 of 3 Old 06-13-2017, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Whats a 17 inch rebel? Seems kinda small...

2017 Rebel
Red/Black, 5.7L Hemi V8
post #3 of 3 Old 06-13-2017, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynwood View Post
Hey guys, I just ordered my Rebel, and I have no idea where to start in regard to tire size increase, suspension mods, or exhaust. (sorry for all the questions)
1-What is the largest tire this truck will accommodate without any rubbing or interference?

2-How do you lift it? Are spacers being used, or is there a way to adjust the air springs with longer sensor links or something of that nature?

3-Who makes an aftermarket shock for these trucks (King/Fox/Bilstein)?

4-What CIA/exhaust upgrades are being used, and are there any horsepower figures?

5-Are aftermarket parts the same for the Rebel as any other Ram 1500? (aside from suspension)

Thank you in advance!!!!!
The largest tire you can fit on a factory set up with very minimal to no rubbing is 35" in MOST cases. Depending on the tire, the actual tire spec will differ...ie tires that have heavier built sidewalls or lugs on the sidewall. I know that someone will chime in that's done 35" tire with the factory set up as off the top of my head I can't seem to remember the exact tire brand.

The air suspension can be "fooled" by either buying or making adjustable sensor links. The ones you buy are 250 plus but you can make some for well under 50. I made some for my truck and LOVE them.

Ahh...the CAI question...haha. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the CAI's as the engineers at Ram designed the truck with the factory intake being the best for getting cold air into the engine while being the best at keeping water out. There are tons of CAI systems on the market but in most cases their performance gained is minimal at best. My suggestion is if you don't plan on tuning the engine, just leave the factory set up!

Most parts are compatible between the trims but some are not. An example of this is the grill. You can't take a grill off of an SLT and put it on the Rebel because the bumper is different changing the how it is mounted and molded into the rest of the trim - so since the grills are different, aftermarket grills would have to be ordered specifically for the Rebel. What components specifically were you looking for? We can definitely help you get pointed in the right direction with compatibility.

Ram Rebel Forum Moderator
Please feel free to message me with any questions, comments and concerns.

2015Ram Rebel Gray/Black Crew Cab Short Bed 5.7 HEMI 4x4 8spd
2007 Nitro Bass Boat (my favorite ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page