What Do You NOT Like About Your Rebel - Ram Rebel Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 11-09-2016, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
What Do You NOT Like About Your Rebel

These are definitely lovable trucks. They're gorgeous, functional, a nice overall package. But everyone has different preferences and different things they like and don't. There's always something you don't like lol.

So, what is it that you DO NOT like about your Ram Rebel ?
post #2 of 40 Old 11-09-2016, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don't like it that every time I plug my phone in, it automatically starts playing the first song on my play list.
Randy and JoeRag like this.
post #3 of 40 Old 11-09-2016, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Speed to get to entry/exit height
Fact that I can't drive in either highest setting or lowest setting at any speed I want without mods.
JoeRag likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 40 Old 11-09-2016, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I can't think of anything I really don't like. It's everything I wanted in a truck.
post #5 of 40 Old 11-09-2016, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Mirrors could open up on their own when car is put in drive !
JoeRag likes this.
post #6 of 40 Old 11-09-2016, 09:58 PM

The truck is set up very good , accept for the spare tire , I checked it when drove home from the dealer . The spare is a Good Year and the wrong size : too small : 265-70-17 , proper size : 285-70-17 . This would result in damage to the differentials after prolonged use . The spare is approx. 1" lower , total height . I replaced the spare with a correct size & brand . it also fits in place properly in the holder . I contacted the dealer about the issue & they told me I have to eat the bill of replacing the spare tire . Funny thing ,,,, on the window sticker , it shows : full size spare tire . So you folks with your Rebel model ram , check your spare tire ! Spread The Word ! I believe FCA should eat the bill for this issue , what do you folks think ?
post #7 of 40 Old 11-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo Farmer View Post
The truck is set up very good , accept for the spare tire , I checked it when drove home from the dealer . The spare is a Good Year and the wrong size : too small : 265-70-17 , proper size : 285-70-17 . This would result in damage to the differentials after prolonged use . The spare is approx. 1" lower , total height . I replaced the spare with a correct size & brand . it also fits in place properly in the holder . I contacted the dealer about the issue & they told me I have to eat the bill of replacing the spare tire . Funny thing ,,,, on the window sticker , it shows : full size spare tire . So you folks with your Rebel model ram , check your spare tire ! Spread The Word ! I believe FCA should eat the bill for this issue , what do you folks think ?
It might not be the exact size but it is considered a full size spare. Working in the tire industry, I see this all the time. And as for the different size, you are correct as it is just barely within range for causing drive train issues. It should fall no more than 1" rolling diameter and it's definitely over 1".

On the flip side though, it is designed to be a SPARE to get you to the shop and not for prolonged use. I never understood myself as to why they don't supply a matching size tire. Be glad that you have a "full size" spare though. My ram express I had had a donut style spare (super skinny tire).

At least our trucks have a spare though. Kind of crazy that quite a bit newer vehicles don't even have a spare tire and some don't even come with run flat/zero pressure tires which leaves a tow truck the only option.

Ram Rebel Forum Moderator
Please feel free to message me with any questions, comments and concerns.

2015Ram Rebel Gray/Black Crew Cab Short Bed 5.7 HEMI 4x4 8spd
2007 Nitro Bass Boat (my favorite ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #8 of 40 Old 11-10-2016, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wch_chip View Post
I can't think of anything I really don't like. It's everything I wanted in a truck.
That's actually very interesting to hear. Are you more of a non-picky type of person or does it really just tick all of your boxes off that you wanted ?
post #9 of 40 Old 11-10-2016, 12:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackin View Post
That's actually very interesting to hear. Are you more of a non-picky type of person or does it really just tick all of your boxes off that you wanted ?
Well what don't you like? Personally if I wanted something else or something more I would have bought something different. However, I wouldn't complain about new features or electronics I just happen to be overly satisfied with the truck.

If you really must have something. Android Auto would be nice.
post #10 of 40 Old 11-10-2016, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I don't like the back seat area, they need to make the floor flat and give more room under the seats when they're down to store stuff.I have a plastic filing cabinet thing floating around back there where my F150 I could tuck it under it. There's no home screen for the center touch screen, my F150 had a home button where I would show part of the navigation, climate control, phone and radio so going between the different screens now isn't as smooth. The back up camera isn't centered so it throws me off looking at.

I was a little disappointing I couldn't get a drill case in the ram box.

2017 Ram rebel 5.7 Hemi. Fully loaded, tinted windows, SRQ back up lights, RB10 running boards, ASV window vents, Bedrug bed mat, more to come

Past 97 F250 LD 5.4L, 2003 F150 5.4L lifted and modded pretty good, 2013 F150 3.5EB predator- modded pretty good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page