12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 09-19-2016, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Why I chose a power wagon over Rebel

Hello all,
I want to preface this with its not my truck by my Fiance's, she picked the power wagon. I picked a Mercedes E300 which was $70k so that was her price range. Originally we were set on getting a 17 raptor, but had major issues with our 14 F150 platinum (power drain causing multiple dead batteries, key transponder issues where it wouldn't start, brakes completely went out 100%, and now transmission noises at high speeds, power running boards rusting and not opening/closing.... all under 30k miles) and with Ford still not releasing HP numbers or all the features, i have a feeling the new raptors going to be a dud. For whatever she didn't like Chevy interior so we narrowed it down to definitely getting a Ram.

We liked the rebel and the air suspension is nice but its like every other air suspension, you can't leave it full up or full down so it's always at the same 3/4 setting. The rebel felt too much like a car and didn't have that hop into and the feel that you can run over anything. What sold it for us was having them sitting next to eachother and it was obvious which one was an offroad truck. We took both on a couple test drives and found a spot which a high sidewalk (about double as high as normal) and the power wagon climbed the concrete like it was nothing. The Rebel started spinning its wheels so we hopped it in 4wd and it still struggled a bit getting up. Also looking at both trucks up there, it was obvious which one we wanted. Also the bigger tires, better suspension, Warn Winch, locking axles and disconnecting sway bar all electronic really helped make up our mind.

We wanted it loaded with every option but with the graphics so didn't get a laramie power wagon. A couple weeks later and we're definitely happy with the purchase. Attached is a pic of us hoping it fit in her parking garage, which it does barely. Now we're off to start modding and finding some side steps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	powerwagon.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	9586   Click image for larger version

Name:	pwr2.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	9594  
seeareeff likes this.
post #2 of 13 Old 09-19-2016, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I'll be trading my Rebel for a Power Wagon in the near future. Or as soon as the 2017 comes out with the Rebel style grill.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-19-2016, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
hey as long as you get the truck that makes you happy. Go For It. BTW looks greats and congrats

post #4 of 13 Old 09-20-2016, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Welcome to the forums and congratulations. Thanks for the comparison/mini-review and I'm glad you guys got what you preferred. Kind of have me thinking now too however lol
post #5 of 13 Old 09-20-2016, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I love the Power Wagons. Congratz on the purchase.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-21-2016, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wait, I'm going to go over to the power wagon site and point out all the reasons I bought a Rebel over a Power Wagon....I bet everyone is waiting with baited breath for me to run down their selection process. To begin with, anyone buying a Mercedes shouldn't be giving anyone advice on auto purchases. I 'm sure you won't have time to read this because you still have to visit all of the other automobile forums to announce your buying insights. P.S.: "Fiance" is not a word men use but then again there remains the question of why "she" is buying a truck and you a Mercades. Keep up the good work and keep us apprised of any new purchases you make!
Randy, RED_5, johnj and 5 others like this.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-21-2016, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Truck looks great, tonneau needs to be dumped though, take away from your beast!!
post #8 of 13 Old 11-13-2016, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Maybe you should be in a Power Wagon forum !
post #9 of 13 Old 11-14-2016, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben3361 View Post
Maybe you should be in a Power Wagon forum !
I'd bet he is. He only made 2 posts in here, two months ago. One saying he was looking, and the other saying he decided on the PW.
post #10 of 13 Old 11-14-2016, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Maybe the guys at the PW lunch table don't like him
Ben3361 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page