2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 08-01-2016, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Rear ended

Last night I got rear ended looks like only bumper and sensor damage
Also nobody got hurt besides the other car plastic vs steel lets see what the insurance says
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	9065  
post #2 of 18 Old 08-01-2016, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Sorry to see. However with that being said great to hear that nobody got hurt. Hopefully the insurance plays nice and they give you the Diminished Value of the truck since it is still fairly new among other things. I went through this whole process close to a year ago when my Titan got rear ended (Less than a year left before it would of been completely paid off ARG!). Instead of repair though they totaled it out because it was pretty bad however that got me in a Ram Rebel.
Chris likes this.
post #3 of 18 Old 08-01-2016, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Bummer. It is nice to be the one with the real bumper though, isn't it.

Do check into that Diminished Value (and I think you have to bring it up to the insurance), as even though this sounds to be cosmetic damage, it still generates a mark on the CarFax report, which is an immediate hit to the resale value of your truck. You probably won't get back what you've lost in resale value, but it'll be at least a little something.

I went through this a few years ago, and would have been better off just letting the girl's dad settle with me, but it is what it is.

post #4 of 18 Old 08-01-2016, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

It only has 13,000 miles 2016 got to pay 500 deductible even though not my fault sucks
post #5 of 18 Old 08-02-2016, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamarebel View Post
Last night I got rear ended looks like only bumper and sensor damage
Also nobody got hurt besides the other car plastic vs steel lets see what the insurance says
Major bummer though, it's good that no one got hurt but, OMG! that must've been one good whack for steel to bend like that, would like to see what the other vehicle looked liked....
post #6 of 18 Old 08-02-2016, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamarebel View Post
It only has 13,000 miles 2016 got to pay 500 deductible even though not my fault sucks
Should be the other guy paying his deductible since it was his fault. Should be no cost to you. Unless he was uninsured, in which case your insurance company will pay it out of your comprehensive policy and you're stuck with the deductible. Which blows, because it's not your fault he's driving uninsured, too, but insurance companies will always get the best of you in the long run.

At least, that's how it works in Illinois.
post #7 of 18 Old 08-02-2016, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

It was totaled front end completely smashed
post #8 of 18 Old 08-02-2016, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

The lady from State Farm said I would have to pay it first then wait till I got a reimburse from her company I got hit entering i55 kedzie there's was construction only one lane to enter
post #9 of 18 Old 08-02-2016, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
That the other driver's insurance company? If so, they'd like you to believe that. Fact is it's their responsibility to fix it. They'll game you if you let them.
A5 HEMI likes this.
post #10 of 18 Old 08-04-2016, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
iamarebel,

When I had my accident Allstate (who I have) told me I could pay my deductible if I wanted them to handle everything then would get reimbursed later on. I chose not to take that route and worked with the insurance of the individual who wrecked us, that being State Farms. They were fairly cool for the most part but as johnj (by the way grew up in IL, don't miss it that much) stated they will try to short change you when they can, they are not multibillion dollar companies for nothing. My advice is to get EVERYTHING in writing. (i.e.: accident report, medical, etc.) Make a file on your computer and back everything up that they send you. Unlike most of society I didn't lawyer up but I did leave that option open if needed, even got letters from "ambulance chasers" offering their services. Let us know how it is going and if you need any assistance there are more than enough people here willing to give advice or help out just need to ask.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page