air suspension manual override - Ram Rebel Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-28-2016, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
air suspension manual override

anyone know if it is possible to adjust settings (or disable) the automatic lowering to the 'normal' ride height when the vehicle is traveling 25+ mph? is it possible to allow the suspension to ride at 'off road' height at faster speeds?
post #2 of 12 Old 04-28-2016, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarettO View Post
anyone know if it is possible to adjust settings (or disable) the automatic lowering to the 'normal' ride height when the vehicle is traveling 25+ mph? is it possible to allow the suspension to ride at 'off road' height at faster speeds?
Commonly asked question, No one has figured it out yet. Research link modification on this site and you will find an easy way of lifting the truck and tricking the system.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-28-2016, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Short answer is no. Easiest way to achieve what you want is to change the lift links to fool the sensors in to thinking the truck is lower than it really is and then it will move all of your modes up higher, the new Normal would be close to previous off road (although you can adjust exactly where you want it by adjusting the length of the links). There are several threads on here already , this one is the one I used for info, it shows both solutions with homemade devices like what Roomraider used and pre fabbed solutions like what I used. Both work. I am still modifying my lengths to find a happy point of maximum lift without disrupting the ride too much.

Air Suspension Headaches...
Roomraider likes this.

post #4 of 12 Old 04-29-2016, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Aren't you stuck with only one ride height if you change the lift links?
post #5 of 12 Old 04-29-2016, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Garage
No, the off-road height still gets another inch, but then you're nearer to the limits of the shocks. Makes for a very rough ride according to guys that have tried and commented on it. It's the reason I don't want to do it.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-29-2016, 04:11 PM

Been running about 1 inch higher ( 1 1/2 in the rear) for a week now. No discernible difference in ride compared to previous Normal while in Normal, but as John mentions above here, noticeably bad ride in Off Road mode now. So the benefit of this is you ride in what used to be Off Road mode for most driving , can put it in Off Road mode for show, but probably not going off road with it like that since it would be very rough on a bumpy road. In fact I will probably run in Aero when on logging/back country roads anyway to get the smoothest ride over the bumps unless I need clearance like in cross ditches and then I will use the Off Road mode....maybe.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-01-2016, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Guess it's worth it for the extra height if you don't mind the rougher ride. Some may not be willing to make the trade.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-02-2016, 10:56 AM

The rougher ride is only in Off Road mode, which I dont use. No trade off. Lifts for these are close $1000/inch for the BDS or Coil over, this is a cheap inch( really cheap if you do it Room raiders method), just enough to make room for 35's comfortably, which is all I want, I am not looking for a really high lifted truck. I know you can run some 35's on here without that inch. If I dont like this, then it takes 5 minutes to pull it out and return to stock, testing it out for a few weeks before I go in for the alignment and decide to keep them in for a while. Also, I did haul my boat yesterday like this, no issues, felt exactly the same as with OEM links.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-15-2016, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I noticed something when i towed a lightweight U- HAUL TRAILER. I HAD THE setting in normal mode and the trailer had surge brakes, not electric. Here in NEVADA, Semi trucks and vehicles towing trailers can travel at any posted speed limit, i was cruising in a 70 mph section of freeway and noticed that even though i had the truck set in the NORMAL mode, at 65 mph, the truck would usually change from NORMAL TO AREO mode once the speed reaches 62 mph, but it never changed from NORMAL TO AREO ! I think i fiqured out why, even though it was a light trailer, stopping is still an issue so before i drove off i activated the trucks TOW- HAUL MODE. I THINK THAT WHEN THE TRUCK IS SET TO TOW- HAUL MODE it disables the automatic tranny so the truck stays IN the mode you chose in the first place. I am not sure of this but after returning the trailer, i drove in the regular normal mode and as soon as i reached 62 mph, she automatically changed to areo, so the TOW - HAUL MODE might just keep the truck where you want it without having to worry that the truck is going to lower from where you set it and possibly dragging you hitch chains along the hiway. I have also noticed that i cant seem to find the ECO LIGHT ON MY DASH. I SEE here where other ownes have it on their trucks instrument cluster. I have about 1200 miles so far.
Bert
post #10 of 12 Old 05-15-2016, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Garage
Yep, that's documented right in your owner's manual. It doesn't disable the transmission, though. It just changes the computer settings that control shift timing and Aero mode.

The ECO light is low left on your instrument panel. A lot of guys, like me, have found that it's disabled by default. More likely by sales guys checking things out. It's in the Uconnect menu settings, center console.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page