Is my new truck ugly? - Ram Rebel Forum
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 04-25-2016, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is my new truck ugly?

We just bought a 2016 black Rebel. We owned a white 2011 Ram 1500 Bighorn before our Rebel. Our white truck was beauuuutiful. I am having a hard time transitioning to the black. So many people have made fun of the front end of the Rebel. Saying it looks cheap...I die inside a little each time. I haven't told my husband this yet but I am starting to regret our purchase we spent quite a bit of money on this truck. Most of the people who have made fun are Ford owners...and to me Fords are all around ugly and sound like pieces of ****. My husband used to own a F-350 work truck and it was always in the shop. So convince me my truck is frigging fantastic! I know, I know it's my truck who gives a crap what other people think or say but it is making me feel slightly uneasy about the purchase...resale wise. I would hate to drive around in an ugly truck. ?
bucknugget likes this.
post #2 of 28 Old 04-25-2016, 11:47 PM
Joe

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelChick View Post
We just bought a 2016 black Rebel. We owned a white 2011 Ram 1500 Bighorn before our Rebel. Our white truck was beauuuutiful. I am having a hard time transitioning to the black. So many people have made fun of the front end of the Rebel. Saying it looks cheap...I die inside a little each time. I haven't told my husband this yet but I am starting to regret our purchase we spent quite a bit of money on this truck. Most of the people who have made fun are Ford owners...and to me Fords are all around ugly and sound like pieces of ****. My husband used to own a F-350 work truck and it was always in the shop. So convince me my truck is frigging fantastic! I know, I know it's my truck who gives a crap what other people think or say but it is making me feel slightly uneasy about the purchase...resale wise. I would hate to drive around in an ugly truck. ?
ya the grill is kinda gay, you'll get used to it though. it's not a cheap truck though. i love the interior.
post #3 of 28 Old 04-26-2016, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think you are just letting ford fan boys get under your skin. I used to be a ford fan, and then a domestic only fan. Now I look at everything with equal opportunity. I work on a large Naval base and get complimented on my truck a lot, (mine is black as well) the guys a at the gate see hundreds of vehicles including customized trucks every day. So I think for them to say something means a lot. I couldn't see them complementing my truck if it was a ford, or a tundra. (I think Tundras are the best looking truck besides the Rebel or a customized 2500.). The grill is something different so not everyone is going to like it at first, every day I'm seeing the grill grow on more and more people. When the rebel first came out all I saw on you tube comments were how ugly the front grill, and rear ram lettering was. Now you see people driving sports wanting to put the rebel grill on there truck. I don't think the front looks cheap at all, and it definitely doesn't feel cheap.
johnj likes this.

post #4 of 28 Old 04-26-2016, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
I think the Rebel bumper is one of the best looking ones I've seen with great character. IMO, Ford trucks all have a similar front, it's basically a rectangle and not that great looking.
johnj likes this.
post #5 of 28 Old 04-26-2016, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
Every day I see something that someone else finds attractive and that I do not. I also see things I like that others do not. "Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder," as Plato wrote. Even in the Rebel forums, some guys like the trim and some do not.

The Rebel sells very well. It's clear that a certain segment of the population find it cool. Who cares about the rest? Someone's got to buy those ugly old Fords.
Stackin and bucknugget like this.
post #6 of 28 Old 04-26-2016, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't own one and passed on one when I bought my Big Horn because I wasn't totally "sold" on the look; however, a few months later, I think the Rebel is a good looking truck all the way around. Sure the grill is not the greatest, but it's not horrible either and I really like the front bumper and would like to see the regular Rams get a similar bumper.
post #7 of 28 Old 04-26-2016, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Your truck is hot!! SO HOT they copied it to the Power Wagon!!!!
A5 HEMI and Nikki like this.
post #8 of 28 Old 04-26-2016, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I never had one person say my truck was ugly. everyone that commented on my truck has said the truck looks F**king awesome or it looks so badass.
johnj likes this.
post #9 of 28 Old 04-26-2016, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I've had 4 different people come up to my black rebel and compliment it. Never once did that happen in my previous Ram Sport, Silverado, F150 or Nissan.

My 13 year old nephew said it was "sick", too. I'm pretty sure that's a compliment.
johnj likes this.
post #10 of 28 Old 04-26-2016, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My wife took the truck to Victoria to pick up our son last week, about a 1400 km round trip, she said everywhere she went guys came up to her to say how cool her truck was. Drove her nuts, yeah my wife is pretty hot so I am not 100% sure it just wasnt an excuse to hit on her, but I have also gotten nothing but compliments on it. I bought it because its a unique trim package, and frankly if RAM put this front end on their regular trucks I will be the first one to dump it and find something else different again. I dont want a regular truck and most of the other ones I looked at looked were pretty plain. Only other one I considered was a raptor ( flame suit on, but keep in mind i went with the rebel).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page