Ram Rebel Forum banner

Leaker!!!!! Argh!!!

15K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  ssscott21 
#1 ·
So I am a new owner of a Rebel. Had a 2010 Laramie before this. No issues at all with it but fell in love with teh rebel so I got one. Well this one only issues so far. Have a crooked front bumper which my dealer can't seem to straighten out and what happens now? Go for a drive today in the rain in my less than a month old 2016 Rebel and it was raining in my truck!!! Water coming out of the driver side grab handle and water running down the inside of the windshield. Apperantly dealer has seen this before and has to order parts to fix it. Really less than 3000 km's on it and already this?

So far not a great taste in my mouth. Hope this is it.

Get your **** together FCA!!!!!

#5 ·
I've mentioned this before but I also have two small holes and rust on my roof straight from the factory. Unfortunately have not been able to take it to the dealer since moving to Florida. Roof is wrapped temporarily until we can get it fixed. Also had a paint run about the size of a silver dollar on the rear passenger.

#10 ·
Add me to the column for driver side handle leak. Only once so far.

So far..

-Leak on driver side handle.
-LED Bed lights faulty.
-Incorrect headlights.
-incorrect bed cover.
-scratched/dinged door from the factory.

Pretty annoying considering it is a 54,500 sticker price.

-pepsico

#17 ·
Guys, beware. Read my 6 week experience post about mine leaking. This is a BIG problem for your Rebel. The drain tubes in my sunroof WERE connected and NOT kinked according to the service dept. They have NO explanation for why it flooded and when I say flooded, I mean flooded. They replaced the electronics from window switches and sunroof and may still replace the U-connect radio. Best case scenario for me is, I am still waiting on Chrysler corporate to call me back and I am requesting a new truck. I don't know if this will happen, but considering I have only been able to drive it about 4 weeks out of the 8 I have owned it, I think they need to compensate me somehow. Don't you guys? First issue was the gas tank. First time I tried to fill it up the pump kept shutting off like it was full. Took almost 30 minutes to fill the tank. That problem was with the breather valve in the tank and resulted in having to replace the entire fuel system. That took over 2 weeks, cause guess what? Yep, parts are not easy to come by for these things and are not on the shelves. Apparently they are not totally like the 1500's with just some cosmetic details. If yours is leaking, my advice is go to the dealer NOW! I'll keep you guys updated.

#20 ·
Buddha,

I was wondering the same. I ordered mine without a sunroof so I could avoid the nightmare I went through with my wife's Chevy Traverse. Every time it rained we had gallons of water pouring out everywhere. It took them months to actually acknowledge it was a known issue and fix it right. I swore off sunroofs after that. Do all you guys experiencing the leak issue have sunroofs?

#21 ·
I've got a 2016 and I've put it through quite the pressure washer test every time I go to the car wash and haven't noticed one drop of moisture anywhere. I'm thinking it's an isolated issue for an unfortunate few. I know we had a 2007 Pontiac Vibe with a sunroof and it was a leaker as well, luckily Pontiac was on top of it right away.

#24 ·
Leaking........

I got my 2016 Rebel in Oct 2015 and before it had 1000Km on it I was needing swimming lessons! I took it back to the dealership and demanded a new truck. I got my new truck about 3 weeks later and at 1500km I'm back at square one! Water pouring in through the handles and around the sunroof. The dealer picked up the truck and left me with a 1500 sport.....no sunroof and no leaks. We haven't figured out what the problem is yet but the dealership is letting me drive there Sport until they get to the bottom of it! Having a blast off roading in a brand new truck that's not mine!

#27 ·
I just purchased a 2016 ram rebel and have about 1500kms and I'm having major water leaking through drivers handle and overhead console .. And yes I have a sunroof .. this truck is amazing I can't believe this is a common problem. I have taken it back to the dealership to be fixed , I feel like should be asking for a new truck ... This one Must have been built on a Monday 👎

#30 ·
I have the sunroof on my 2016 Rebel and the only leak I have noticed so far is from the cab mounted brake light not sealing properly. I had it in 5 times before they fixed it by adding some silicone to the mounting points of the lens. The cab mounted light kept blowing every time I’d go through a carwash or heavy rain storm. Now that I have read this post, I’ll have to keep a look out for any other leaks in the cab. L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.