Is anyone here not happy with their Rebel? - Ram Rebel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 05-14-2017, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Is anyone here not happy with their Rebel?

I would like to know if anyone else is not real happy with the crappy steering the Rebel has, and have had any engine or other issues. I have not liked the way mine is steering since I purchased it new last September, kind of driving in mud all of the time and will not go straight without constant steering input, and the dealers keeps saying it is ok.
Now one of the MDS solenoids or something else is going bad because the engine has a bad miss when at speed with the mds on or off, and the dealer said there is nothing wrong because there is no code. I think I should of kept my 07 sport. Thanks

2016 Rebel 5.7, 4X4, Limited Slip Diff, Tonneau cover, Black tubular side steps, HID head light upgrade, Kicker speakers, Navigation, Rebel dash, Splash shields, Spray in bed liner, Custom hood decal.

Last edited by Dodgehemi61; 05-14-2017 at 11:28 PM.
post #2 of 21 Old 05-15-2017, 12:59 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Loving my truck every day! The only thing i disliked was the V6 motor. Kicked it to the curb and got a Hemi. So solid months in with the Hemi and I have no quarrels as of yet.

Last edited by lasani1121; 05-15-2017 at 01:01 AM.
post #3 of 21 Old 05-16-2017, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Sorry you are having issues. Mine has been fine so far.

post #4 of 21 Old 05-16-2017, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
Mine's great. Had a Sport once, it was a good truck, too. But I like this a lot better. Steering is ratio'd down a bit on the Rebel, and easier to turn, setup a bit differently for off-roading, of course. But it doesn't feel bad to me. You running your tires at 55psi? Running them lower will definitely effect the steering feeling. I dropped mine to 45 for some work in the pasture which was a bit muddy, and then forgot to air them back up right away when I was done. Took off the next day, only made it 5 miles before it started annoying me and I had to top them off at a gas station. :P

On domed and rutted country roads, I do have to handle the steering a little more but it's not play, just easy to turn - small inputs on the wheel make big differences. It's easier to drift if you turn to look at something, especially with crosswinds. I don't seem to have any alignment issues. It has a tendency to track straight on its own without wind input. Then I get offroad and it handles way better than most of the trucks I've had offroad in the past. I'm pretty happy with mine. If I had intended to just drive it on-road at high speeds, I wouldn't have bought the Rebel, honestly. I was originally looking at the Sport and Laramie and planning to have to make some changes for my use, then I discovered the Rebel.
post #5 of 21 Old 05-17-2017, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Love my Rebel. Just had a fuel sensor problem. They have to drop the gas tank and replace the pump! 2 week back order so must be a common problem!
post #6 of 21 Old 05-17-2017, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
No issues here and still enjoy driving it. I made a few long distance trips pulling my Jeep Wrangler on a flatbed trailer and it did great. Sorry to hear you're not happy with your purchase. Especially since it wasn't a cheap one.
post #7 of 21 Old 05-18-2017, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks everyone for the replies. I am glad to hear you guys are enjoying your Rebel. I must of purchased a lemon. Johnj, I agree with the tight steering. I have no play at all in the steering wheel and with very little input the truck will really drift one way or another. I was at my dealer yesterday getting the engine issue checked out and talking with my salesman about ordering a new Copper sport. So far with 6 visits to the dealer and some visits were 2&3 days I keep hearing nothing is wrong, So hopefully I will have a new sport in a few days.
I drove a new 1500 when I was at the dealer and the steering was great, and the engine did not have the misfire like the Rebel has. So I know I am not going crazy, at least not yet.

2016 Rebel 5.7, 4X4, Limited Slip Diff, Tonneau cover, Black tubular side steps, HID head light upgrade, Kicker speakers, Navigation, Rebel dash, Splash shields, Spray in bed liner, Custom hood decal.

Last edited by Dodgehemi61; 05-18-2017 at 12:39 AM.
post #8 of 21 Old 05-19-2017, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Love mine but hate the brakes. Rear brakes squeak, drives me nuts. Only 20,000 miles on it. Did it once around 10,000 miles, brought it to the dealer. They did something and it stopped. About 10,000 after that they started again. Brought it back to dealer. They said they did something but it still squeaks. A $55,000 vehicle shouldn't have its brakes squeak every 10,000 miles. I can't stand driving it, if I don't figure out what is causing it soon I'm trading it.

Was told brakes are fine. Any suggestions?
post #9 of 21 Old 05-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
My Rebel has been a love hate relationship of sorts. At times I love it, and other times I hate it. My truck has been in the shop quite a bit since I have had it. I've got quite a large list of things they have had to fix. I understand no machine is perfect but I just expect more for what I paid for the truck. Here is a list of repairs/things that needed to be addressed and that have been resolved:

Repainted entire pass side of the truck
Paint Runs and bubbles throughout paint
back up camera stopped working
LF wheel speed sensor failed
RR air suspension sensor failed
XM antenna on roof was loose
Rain gutter black plastic trim was loose and needed to be replaced
Fender flares were replaced because they were loose
Both headlights replaced
Tailgate replaced
HVAC system was whistling
Excessive dash rattles
Drivers seat was replaced because the tire tread pattern disappeared
Front bumper was installed crooked, they reinstalled it straight

I'm sure there are other things but that's all that I can think of right now. All in all, I still love my truck. The dealership has offered be an AMAZING deal getting into a replacement truck since I have had such terrible luck with mine but for now, I have decided to keep it.

Ram Rebel Forum Moderator
Please feel free to message me with any questions, comments and concerns.

2015Ram Rebel Gray/Black Crew Cab Short Bed 5.7 HEMI 4x4 8spd
2007 Nitro Bass Boat (my favorite ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #10 of 21 Old 05-19-2017, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_5 View Post
Love mine but hate the brakes. Rear brakes squeak, drives me nuts. Only 20,000 miles on it. Did it once around 10,000 miles, brought it to the dealer. They did something and it stopped. About 10,000 after that they started again. Brought it back to dealer. They said they did something but it still squeaks. A $55,000 vehicle shouldn't have its brakes squeak every 10,000 miles. I can't stand driving it, if I don't figure out what is causing it soon I'm trading it.

Was told brakes are fine. Any suggestions?
My brakes squeak too. I have 31k on my truck and they started squeaking around 20k. I have had the dealership look at them and an independent shop and said everything is perfect. I've inspected them too. Tons of pad left on them and rotors look great. I've been told it's the material they use in the pads from the factory.

Ram Rebel Forum Moderator
Please feel free to message me with any questions, comments and concerns.

2015Ram Rebel Gray/Black Crew Cab Short Bed 5.7 HEMI 4x4 8spd
2007 Nitro Bass Boat (my favorite ride
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ram Rebel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page